Axel mounted kickstand info.

chainmaker

Local time
6:59 PM
Im looking for a kickstand for my panther whizzer project. I called Memory lane and dont carry one for a shimano hub. I havnt seen one of these stands up close, are they hub specific and can they me modified to fit a shimano? Or can anyone share a link to a good axel mounted stand for pedal starting?

Hi Chainmaker,

The mounting nuts are rquired to make the stand work correctly. It should be possible to re-thread a set to match your axel. Another way is to simply make a sleeve for each side of the axel for the stand to pivot on. In other words, one nut on each side would affix the wheel to the frame, then a sleeve over the axel, and then another nut to hold it all in place.

Contact me if you need more information, and if needed, I might be able to fabricate the sleeves for you.

Have fun,

Hey Chainmaker,
Did you ever come up with a solution for this one? I am in the same boat right now. I tried my best at hacking up a moped center stand, but that ended in dismal failure (I didn't like the geometry and it conflicted with the chain). I am going to try and piece together a rear axle stand of some sort today.
Thanks, Mike

No, no luck I went with a center mount..it bent. im going to get one from Quention that he sells for the EZ. I need to cut the current stand mount off it looks like but this bike wont need a factory stand anymore.

Back