Axle mount bracket dimensions

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
2:59 PM
If anyone has the axle mount motor kit may I have the dimensions? I am looking to build an axle mount auto clutch bike and want to make the mount bracket out of 1/8 stainless. I need the dimensions it looks like this: it seems easy enough to make the mounting bracket. I'd rather not pay $158 for a rag joint sprocket and a piece of stamped steel. Cheapest (bikeberry out of stock) was thinking 15mm thrust washer on PTO gear and 0.5 mm gasket on each side of the transmission sandwiching the bracket and clutch. I already have the transmission pictured just need to make the mount bracket and get a few coaster brake holders for the bottom chain stay. Well also the longer axle if someone could point me to that part as well. Thinking a dual suspension bike would work pretty well plus they already have a rear brake for sprocket mounting. GX50 or GP460 would be pretty rad on this setup I believe.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to pick up a used E-ZIP electric bike and convert it to gas. All you have to do is take the motor off. Drill axle bracket out to match the 5:1 pocket bike tranny. Mount the engine of your choice. The E-ZIP has a right/left handed threaded freewheel on it, so all you do is mount your sprocket to the freewheel. No s**tty rag joint needed.

This is the bike you wanna look for.....
ezip.JPG

or one similar that has the same kind of axle mounted motor. Then you can.........
ezip1.JPG

ezip3.JPG

ezip6.JPG

TREEWK or Ron did this conversion a while back and it was a success.

Looks alot more simple here's what the newer motor mount looks like might still work. Could probably use a regular clutch instead of the reducer as well. Not sure what the gearing is on those or if it helps torque.

Making a axle mount bracket out of stainless steel would be expensive. You should be able to find one of these axle mounted electric bikes on the cheap on CL that have broken down. The only thing is, you have to go to a machinist to have him circumcenter your Sprocket to the Left/Right hand freewheel that comes on the bike. Other than that it not only is simpler, but stronger too.

Back