Back by popular demand

Status
Not open for further replies.
The image tool you refer to is the ability to have an attachment automatically post as an image, which is not allowed anyway. This option is even turned off for us moderators. The reason they aren't allowed is because of the high numbers of our members on dial-up, and the resulting time it would take to download image-rich posts.

Thanks for the explanation.

How about a sticky for this oil leak fix?

Kep1a

I also figured out why the links were broken. They can't be cut and pasted or otherwise moved because the thread is dynamically linked to the abbreviated hyper link that the link tool creates within the post. So I have to relink it if I want to put it in another post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding my gratitude

I would also like to add my gratitude to Quenton with all the tips he has given me directly as well as to the wealth of info he has posted in here.

Also thank you to everyone who has been so helpful, I would never have gotten this far on my own.

You will all be on my shoulders as I whisk along when it is finally running (soon I hope)

Wayne Bertrand
Vancouver, Canada

Latest Oil breather upgrade..........

After many requests, I re-designed the breather from easier to aquire parts.

This post will explain the changes and upgrades.

Still need the following parts....
1. #2-9220 PVC valve [can use #2-9210 also]
2. Pot scrubber from Dollar Store [package of 3, cut one in half]
3. Three heavy duty plastic ties [don't get cheap ties!].
4. Plastic elbo made for Toro [purdhase at Ace Hardware].
5. 10" piece of 3/8" fuel line [can use vacumm hose if fuel line not available]
6. 6" metal tube 7/8 I.D. [can use rubber hose, but must be oil and gas resistant]

Because of 10 yeas of contnued requests I made several hundred and sold at what they cost me to make, and 99% are gone [I only kept a small amount for long term testing]. The pictures are from this production run and will make it easier to see how easy they are to make.

The parts should cost less than $25.00, and about 5 min. to assemble.

Have fun,

Attachments

• MVC-122F.JPG
    MVC-122F.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 867
  • MVC-124F.JPG
    MVC-124F.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 898
Hi Jay,

Did you notice I even included the actual part numbers in the post, hopefully the thousands of Whizzer owners with oil problems will be able to find the parts locally and fix the problem easily.

I am and have been very concerned about this problem for many years, and know how dangerous it can be to have oil all over the rear tire. Hopefully many will take the time to make their Whizzers safer, and save some money on oil at the same time. Have you seen the price of a quart of oil lately?

Have fun,

Howzit,
PVC or the Big Rubber Hose C.A.O.S. looks very home made.
I guess that's why people say the bike looks like it's on LIFE SUPPORT.
Ya know the C.A.O.S. (crankcase air oil separator ) was invented over 100 years ago.
There are many different styles of C.A.O.S. Breathers available on the market for Motorbikes, Scooters and Motorcycles.
Some ya screw into the dipstick hole and others ya just hook up to a vent hose.
I looked at all the different style C.A.O.S. available on the market.
I didn't see any that I thought were Cool enough to mount on a whizzer.
So of course I had to Design my own C.A.O.S. Breather
Here's what I came up with back in 2006 ( Only after 1 day of research and development )
I call it the Seatpost C.A.O.S. Breather
Check out my post By Wrench https://motoredbikes.com/threads/make-a-cool-crankcase=breather-for-your-new-gen-whizzer.55260
Get your Whizzer off LIFE SUPPORT.
ALOHA Wrench

Attachments

• DSCF7814.JPG
    DSCF7814.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 398
  • DSCF7822.JPG
    DSCF7822.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 427
  • DSCF7868.JPG
    DSCF7868.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 340