back tire locking up :((

Hatchet Guru

Local time
3:15 AM
my bike was running fine but now when i squeeze the clutch i can pedal just fine but if i try to start the motor and let go of the clutch the back tire just locks up and skids

i can get the bike to start but i have to keep squeezing and releasing the clutch handle to get it to turn over it will skid about 5 times before i get it to turn over
after i have it running for alittle wile and turn it off agian it starts up and dosent skid but if i let it sit for more than 20 mins its a fight to get it to start the tire will just keep locking up until i squeeze and release the clutch handle about 10 times

i need some serious help

i run a 50:1 oil mix recomended by my repair guy i was also wondering if i should change this too

How much do you weigh? I don't weigh much so I have to plant my arse on the seat when I drop the clutch so that the back tire gets enough traction to turn the engine over.

If that doesn't work for you just keep pedaling the bike once you drop the clutch! This will help turn the engine over and should stop the back tire from locking up.

ok mate same with mine n I'm 15 and have a 55 tooth sprocket. u need to make ratio: 25:1 for a start and then peddle fast when u drop clutch. don't let clutch out if not peddling!

Back