Back Wheel Won't Turn Forward

B

Brian Stewart

Hey all,
I was riding my bike around and came to a stop at a red light and suddenly the back wheel wouldn't turn forward. When I pull the clutch, I can roll the bike backwards without a problem, but it wont make a full turn around the chain the right way even with decent force. The bike started squeaking whenever I was breaking literally that day, but I thought I just needed some lubricant. Any ideas? I was currently only using coaster breaks, so I think it may have just been that those broke but I'm afraid it could also be something in the motor itself.
Open to any suggestions,
Thanks!

Check your coaster brake frame mount, Some bikes have really thin metal securing the coaster brake arm to the frame. Mine broke within a few days. If this is the case go to your local hardware store and get some cheap semi easy to bend metal. I don't recall what it was labled as but it only cost be $1.50 and I bent, cut, drilled, and bolted it on. Works great way stronger.

Sounds like you have a problem with the gears on the right side of the engine, the small gear screw can loosen up or the small ball bearings in the big gear can fail, check the right side.

After reading your post several times I agree with it being the rear wheel, old brain needs time to comprehend sometimes.

Back