backards motor

Local time
3:57 PM
Has any one tried to run one of the china motors backwards. I want to mount the motor facing backwards so that it is behind my wheel w? the chain running forward toward the drive side of the cyclebut i neeed to have the motor run the other way to do it

Not impossible. It might just start up in reverse without an issue. I've seen other engines do it. The chain idler should be flipped first.

Yeah would be possible. The timing would need to be retarded though. ALso by flipping the engine around you would be able to use the rear bicycle gears?! Hmmm.... thats a really good idea!

exactly! I can do a logical assesment if I can see a good inside shot of the port location and how the mag is located on the the flywheel

checked the discovery link, confirmed what I suspected now the question becomes how far do I have to retard the timing, and how do I do it on this motor

the old harley 2 stroke golf carts would run backwards for reverse. the starter had a forward and reverse switch for starting the engine. the timing would have to be addressed and would be very simple if you had a two stroke guage for the cylinder to set timing.

Well Im game to find out. I have a front freewheel crank and a donor bike to use motor. Anyone interested in helping figure this out? I guess the first suggestion would be what frame and how to mount it.
Lets do it.
Terry

Back