BAD VIBES!

S

Steve

OK, my bike engine vibrates, a lot! It's a Kings 70 cc and it's almost brand new....got about a quart of gas run thru it is all. Been riding it around the neighborhood breaking it in. Haven't run it too fast yet, but it seems to vibrate more, the faster you run it.

Does this seem normal? Will it get better? Do I have a turd for an engine?

steve,
mine kinda did the same thing- it vibrated when i got to higher rpms. after checking it out, i discoveredd that the front mount wasn't as tight as it shoulda been. check everything to make sure its tight and see if that helps. paece 8)

at the 20mph break-in speed, lots of vibes, yup, but when you goose it, it should smooth out...

My 80cc vibrated a lot too and since I had a 48cc kit I switched before the 80 had a chance to get broke in. The 48 isn't as much of a thumper but it vibrated a little for a while. It seems to have smoothed out as it's getting broke in. Maybe your 80 will smooth out too....hopefully.

My bike has a "sweet spot" somewhere between the low end lugging and the high end buzz....about 2/3 throttle. I don't know what speed it is but it's pretty smooth so that's where I usually ride.

The Kings are just vibrating monsters. Replace your intake gasket if its made out of the red stuff, its dissolving into a paste. Replace with a paper or cork based gasket. My 80cc would vibrate everthing off not loctited down and even some of those.

Back