Exhaust Baffle removal?

G

O.K., this so called "expert" is having trouble removing the baffle from the exhaust.

I used a rubber mallet, heat ect, no joy.

How does everyone else remove theirs? Do most just fall out when you take the screw out?

I can hear "stuff" rattling around in there before I've even run the engine and want to clean it out.

EXACTLY!!! I heard that rattling for the first time for 30 minutes before the engine vibration finally knocked it out, and it fell out totaly when I removed that little end cap dealie. Only happened past 35 MPH though.

Try running your engine, or put the muffler into a paint shaking machine. lol.

if you don't mind a few teethmarks, use large channellocks to twist & a small hammer to provide a bit of vibration to the job. cut the small tube off right down to the nub. the cap's a lot easier to re-install than remove.

I fired it up today and a bunch of crud blew out. I think it's loud enough the way it is. Maybe after it's broken in I'll mess with it.

For now, I'll just "enjoy the ride" 8)

I shook my brand new muffler from AppleBig just after removing it from the bag and whadya know, SHAKE n FLAKES. I was curious and looked into the gas tank and found quite a bit of rust.
Thats bad when you have to blow out a brand new pipe!
P.S. Seen on the package " was MFG. 2005 and tested 10 minutes.
Hurray for the test but a little wd 40 spray would have been nice afterword.
Doc

Back