Baffle removal?

bike4life

Local time
1:44 AM
Ok so I heard about this thing and wondering whether it’s worth it. How do you do it. You cut off the muffler cap, and then remove this tube and then weld the cap back on??

Ok so I heard about this thing and wondering whether it’s worth it. How do you do it. You cut off the muffler cap, and then remove this tube and then weld the cap back on??
well, if you want to remove all the restrections yes, but you could just cut the whole thing off (my bike did it by itself!)
it will be alot easier and it will run much better, but its alot louder.

Just unscrew baffle. An aluminum tube comes out with it. I left the screw in case the PO PO harass me about its loudness. But they haven't. LoL
You'll also feel an increase in acceleration and top end speed... Sound gr8 but LOUD.

Attachments

• 20181130_121559_HDR-1.jpg
    20181130_121559_HDR-1.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 20181130_091244_HDR-1.jpg
    20181130_091244_HDR-1.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 146
Just unscrew baffle. An aluminum tube comes out with it. I left the screw in case the PO PO harass me about its loudness. But they haven't. LoL
You'll also feel an increase in acceleration and top end speed... Sound gr8 but LOUD.
Do I have to make it run richer??

Do I have to make it run richer??
I never understood what y'all mean by richer or leaner. My Throttle pin still on 3rd notch of 5. I still run 50:1.
Might have to replace idle screw and spring soon... Been noticing it'll turn up the idle and at red lights I have to turn it down cuz its so fkn loud. LoL

opening the exhaust will make it run more lean but not by too much just have it where it 4 strokes just a minior amount and then you know you are in a safe F/A ratio Backpressure=Rich,,, Open Exhaust= Lean

Ok know what do I have to do?? No aluminum tube came out. There are 2 tubes welded behind this plate baffle thing.

Attachments

• 5A746D4D-C8D7-4672-A6F2-D68B6BDA3FDD.png
    5A746D4D-C8D7-4672-A6F2-D68B6BDA3FDD.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
Is that whats in there... I never looked. A longer skinny tube came off attached to cap when I unscrewed nut.... Ask Mark20... He's the one who originally said something in another thread I believe...

Put muffler back on bike and test it like that.
Lol. I can test it yet as my jackshaft isn’t done. Waiting on a gear from amazon. Curious. Can I just remove everything inside this tube. I got a welder and I can get the rod wet and crank it up to 250a and then use it as a cutting torch. neat huh??

Back