Baffle removal?

the 'baffles' are all internally welded in place in the muffler body. You'd need a Milwaukee reciprocating saw and a really long, steel cutting blade. More trouble than it's worth. Just drill a few 3/16" holes at 90 degrees to themselves in the outlet pipe in the cap, close to the bottom. It'll breathe easier and won't make much more noise.

L

can I crank up my welder and torch cut the whole entire baffle and the pipes that go with it out??? Will that hurt performance??
I feel like i should drill a hole in the end cap and a few in that small 3/8" pipe thing that is sticking out from the end cap. WHAT DA YA THINK???
Or should i just cut off a whole inch from the end of the muffler which will remove the plate thingy with all the pipes going inside that is welded to the muffler ID??? SUGGESTYIONS PLEAAASE

Last edited:
Just unscrew baffle. An aluminum tube comes out with it. I left the screw in case the PO PO harass me about its loudness. But they haven't. LoL
You'll also feel an increase in acceleration and top end speed... Sound gr8 but LOUD.
wait shokker. I dont know what a baffle is is it that end cap thingy. Is that it, I just unbolt that endcap thingy and toss it in the trash done just that simple. I dont care about the noise. Do i need to add a sponge thing so dirt doesnt go inside?? If the PoPo comes i blast BAD BOYS BAD BOYS WHAT YA GONNA DO....

I never understood what y'all mean by richer or leaner. My Throttle pin still on 3rd notch of 5. I still run 50:1.
Might have to replace idle screw and spring soon... Been noticing it'll turn up the idle and at red lights I have to turn it down cuz its so fkn loud. LoL
In this case, the discussion is about Air:Fuel ratio, not Fuel:Oil ratio. Two almost unrelated variables.

Richer = bigger jet at WOT = more fuel
Richer = Higher needle position at mid-throttle = clip in lower notches to raise the needle = more fuel

Running it leaner will give more power. It will also raise your cylinder head temperature and lead to seizure.
You need to stay slightly on the rich side to protect the top end.

You can do plug chop tests to verify how you are running at various operating conditions.
Or connect your bike to your chassis dyno and exhaust gas analyser. :)

If I had a table to work on I would have done this already... I would have cut my muffler in half or cut about 3 inches off it... I never looked inside the muffle pipe since its still bolted on. But since I don't have a garage or anywhere really to work on the bike. I just unscrewed the bolt and took the baffle off and like I said that long tube came off with it and I just left it alone. That screw is still coming out of my muffler.
But yes. I wanna cut 2 to 3 inches off end.
It's sooo LOUDER.... Wonder if it gets louder.... LOL... Fk em
Good MORNING

In this case, the discussion is about Air:Fuel ratio, not Fuel:Oil ratio. Two almost unrelated variables.

Richer = bigger jet at WOT = more fuel
Richer = Higher needle position at mid-throttle = clip in lower notches to raise the needle = more fuel

Running it leaner will give more power. It will also raise your cylinder head temperature and lead to seizure.
You need to stay slightly on the rich side to protect the top end.

You can do plug chop tests to verify how you are running at various operating conditions.
Or connect your bike to your chassis dyno and exhaust gas analyser. :)
Not sure about.... So if my pin is in the middle? Am I rich or lean or in the middle.?

Here the pic of mine when I took bolt off... I havent looked inside pipe. It's cold... friggin 49° in Boca Raton Florida this a.m.

Attachments

• 20181211_073258_HDR-1.jpg
    20181211_073258_HDR-1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 82
Not sure about.... So if my pin is in the middle? Am I rich or lean or in the middle.?
It just means you have room to adjust 2 clicks leaner or 2 clicks richer in the mid-range by changing the clip position. Whether you're lean or rich depends on your setup and operating conditions. But you can do plug chops at part throttle and analyse your plug, or just adjust it for good throttle response. off idle and through about 1/2-3/4 throttle.

So I'm not rich or lean.... I get about 90 to 100 miles per gallon. My tank is almost half a gallon. Does it matter? I'd think richer would be a gas hog....I have the basic carburetor. Roughly 40 to 50 miles per tank.
My engine sounds great and that muffler is just so freaking loud. I swear I can't even wear my earphones anymore and listen to music cuz I can't hear the music, LOL
And if I decelerate throttle just a little bit it... It'll make a pop pop pop pop pop like a Harley. LoL
But yes my pin is on the 3rd knotch of 5.
Should I raise or lower it? which is up and which is down vertically?
If it runs great as is.... Maybe leave it alone?

Back