Balanced crank

I assume you're referring to the crankshaft. 2 stroke or 4 stroke ? Static or Dynamic balancing ? Why do you think you need to ?

Hey Cisco.......Where did you find this guy ? LOL Even though he had the general concept in his mind, he didn't convey it very well at all in his video. Below is another fellow who explains it much better with more details and is definitely worth watching.

The only experience I have regarding crankshaft balancing is with V8 and V12 race car engines which are a lot different than the 2 cycle motorbike ones. I'm glad I have a 4 stroke 142F with a one piece crank. After watching the above video I couldn't believe the issues you all have with the 3 piece pressed together cranks in a 2 stroke. Shaft alignment and the flywheels can be a nightmare you shouldn't have to deal with.

Lack of QC is definitely a China thing, but I was referring to the basic design of a 3 piece pressed together crank.

These engines are novelties. They are fun to tinker with. They are intended as peddle assistance engines for bicycles. I told my grand kids, this is a bicycle with an engine, not a motorcycle. They had a blast riding it. I had to re-torque and adjust everything afterword, but they had fun.
I was referring to the basic design
You are right, and there are many other design flaws as well. For me, it's a hobby ;-)

Hey Cisco.......Where did you find this guy ? LOL Even though he had the general concept in his mind, he didn't convey it very well at all in his video. Below is another fellow who explains it much better with more details and is definitely worth watching.

The only experience I have regarding crankshaft balancing is with V8 and V12 race car engines which are a lot different than the 2 cycle motorbike ones. I'm glad I have a 4 stroke 142F with a one piece crank. After watching the above video I couldn't believe the issues you all have with the 3 piece pressed together cranks in a 2 stroke. Shaft alignment and the flywheels can be a nightmare you shouldn't have to deal with.

Hey Cisco.......Where did you find this guy ? Right here, this video is not a tutorial it was meant as a quick example/explanation of a simple process that is used by many builders to correct factory oversight, but mostly it was to settle an argument where Jaguar said the balance factor method is not a real process and wouldn't give proper results. Your 142f crank has the same issues when it comes to balance, they are done to cover a very narrow range and don't like to be over revved without addressing this issue along with others. V8-10-12 cranks get dynamically balanced and utilize a harmonic balancer/damper to address vibration in their working range, Anyway if you can do a better video PLEASE feel free!

Back