bamabikeguy - You will be missed... R.I.P.

G

gone_fishin

well, the ramblin' man's stories and projects caught our attention, so we asked bama'guy if he wouldn't mind pitching in around here, and he has kindly agreed :D

i hope you enjoy his witty and informative writing as much as i do..."take it away, bamabikeguy!!"

and, thank you 8)

augidog

"a road less traveled"...that was our 'Bama alright.

bad news is circulating...it seems we have lost a true leader.

edit: bama's mother just confirmed this, Paul Crabtree had a massive heart attack & is gone.

personally, i will miss him very much.

Last edited:

azbill

I was just pm'ing you aug with the sad news...
this was posted at the other place
" A note about a member of the forum passing away

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a biker, but I know that a friend of mine posted here occasionally. Unfortunately, I am here to let people know that Bama Bike Guy passed away last night from a massive heart attack.

RIP, P.C. I'll miss you.
"

RIP 'Bama...
I will miss your road stories :(

augidog

it was not news i wanted to believe (or post on MBc) until i could confirm it...i chose this topic because it was originally the announcement that Paul had joined MBc-staff way back when. thank you lou for the edit. MBc was bama'guy's home, a house he helped build...he was still greeting new arrivals just this week, and was always helping wherever & whenever & whoever he could...and constantly encouraging wannabe travelers such as myself to live it up while you can.

bamabikeguy was a TRUE MB-Ambassador like no other.

i had planned on visiting him this summer, he still owed me .50 in gas for teaching him how to post those images, and dangit i was gonna collect...his mom says i am still welcome to visit, so i am going to go see my buddy anyway.

damm this is really painful like nothing i've ever felt...many hard lessons this morning for me.

Last edited:

loquin

It's a sad day here in MB-ville.
Thanks for all the outstanding advice and support.
We'll miss you.

Rest in Peace, Paul.

Thread Status: Hello , this thread is over 3 years old. You can still reply if relevant, but sometimes it's better to create a new thread to get more replies!