ban all vendors

B

beach cruzin

If this place is going to live u all should ban those chinese smugling buy my
80cc kit venders,Let them pimp themselfs somewere or else it will ruin the movemnt..they are a bunch of crooks and i don't want them in my back yard.

could'nt there be a donataion box or somthing to help pay for web fees and such? I'm sure there are lot of peps here that would rather see that than a vendor ***** fest:D

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth: WhizzWheelz are made in the US. If I could have found an American made engine to put on it, I would have.
About the vendors: The HT's exist, so I think it's a good idea that the vendors see /hear about the problems users have with them, and their likes and dislikes.

LFL, In your listing of: "Trek,Specialized Bicycle Components,Giant Manufacturing Company and Diamond Back." The article says that Giant and Diamond Back are offshore products. It does not say that Trek and Specialized are. It says that Trek Inc. and Specialized....of Morgan Hill, Calif. rode the surge in demand. (That's not to say that Trek and Specialized aren't offshore, just that this is not indicated by the article)

I've noticed that (some) Sun rims are made in the USA. At least the 700c I bought was. I just got my 26" Sun rims for my motored build and they don't explicitly say 'made in USA', but they do say 'designed in USA'. Hmmm. I suppose that's better than nothing.

Thanks for pointing that out,Alaskavan. I must have skimmed over that little detail.

I'm afraid there isn't anything Schwinn about a Schwinn made in China. It's just a word.

At first I'm thinking "Well if the exact same machinery were to go to China and they had the exact same tooling,then by theory they should end up with the exact same product."
But then I look at my bike. The paint job is top rate,the aluminum welds are pretty nice and cleaned up rather well. But then I'm looking closer. The fenders are rather cheap,the mounts I'm gonna have to keep an eye on those. Then I looked at the Schwinn badge up front.
It's peeling off from the glue.
Yesterday's Schwinns were definitely heavier and made tougher and felt stronger. Today's Schwinns cut corners...cut too many corners. I mean how hard would it have been to put two little rivets on the front name plate?
But you get what you pay for. I payed $130.00 for this bike. Brand new.

Like Quay, I feel the older the frame, the better. I'm a big fan of the old Columbia balloon tire bikes and their frames. My '46 Columbia frame has been bulletproof! (Now I've probably jinxed myself.) I'm no lightweight, and that bike has been ridden both on pavement and off. Granted, that frame design posed its own set of mounting difficulties to overcome (many of which have since been addressed by the engine makers), but for a rack mount engine those same difficulties would not exist. However, the real disadvantage would be the cost. In many cases, the older bikes may need some restoration work done on them before you even mount the engine. My Columbia was a basket case, and was totally stripped down to the bare metal, primed and painted. Rims had to be rebuilt (respoked with stainless steel spokes), and the seat, handlebars and gooseneck all needed to be replaced. A lot of time and money went into it before that motor went on. But in the end, it was all worth it. Here's the bike:
http://www.motoredbikes.com//showthread.php?t=7862

Lighten up.
We are just a few silly old farts (and young farts) riding pushbikes with motors strapped on them.It's not the Great Walk and there is nothing wrong with advertising.Just use your brain & watch out for lthe lies.

Without advertising we wouldn't know these motors were available to us to have so much fun on.

The U.S.A. was built on motorbikes and advertising and a lot of the time the advertising was much better than the products.

Hope on ya bike,go for a ride & chill out.

I think vendors play a valuable role in this forum. I appreciate knowing about the wares that they offer. I also can learn a lot about them by how they post and interact with the members publicly and privately.

I'm not sure what is going on with the 2 stroke debate and if vendors have been reporting each other to customs and the DEA but I think we should let this issue pass and focus on our rides. I'm all for following the law but I am also a realist and recognize that loopholes in the law exist and if someone takes advantage of a loophole, it is the responsibilty of our elected officials to remedy them. That'll never happen because this country runs on legal loopholes that seem to benefit various interest groups. Don't believe me, take another look at our lovely tax code.

If vendors are using loopholes to bypass the laws, good for them. If they are blatantly breaking the law, then that's another story. What troubles me the most is how reliable is our customs system if people can sneak in stuff that is illegal. What's to stop a terrorist from sneaking in something dangerous?

I resemble the remark about calling us old/young "farts", it's all a state of mine.:D

We just have to adapt, and (make) "do with what we have", according to another old fart, Dumsfelt.

Until something newer, and better, comes along, we will continue to ride, and enjoy, our China bikes, and Chingins......

(With one eye peeled for the EPA, and ole smokey.):rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm gettin a bittired of the HT bashin too, I built my first bike 3 years ago with an HT and if it weren't for them I wouldn't have even got started. I'll be ****ed if I'm gonna start reportin people or even stop ridin my HT bikes.

Yea I love my Staton 4 stroke too!

If your neighbor is mowin his lawn and you see he doesn't have the "proper catalytic converter/EPA-C.A.R.B approved engine" are you gonna call the law?

Cmon....some here need to grow a pair and stop bein such wimps.

I'm not talkin about the forum owner postin info on how to report illegals, thats ok with me they are coverin themselves.

I for one choose not to report anyone, thats just me.

I'm gettin a bittired of the HT bashin too, I built my first bike 3 years ago with an HT and if it weren't for them I wouldn't have even got started. I'll be ****ed if I'm gonna start reportin people or even stop ridin my HT bikes.

Yea I love my Staton 4 stroke too!

If your neighbor is mowin his lawn and you see he doesn't have the "proper catalytic converter/EPA-C.A.R.B approved engine" are you gonna call the law?

Cmon....some here need to grow a pair and stop bein such wimps.

I'm not talkin about the forum owner postin info on how to report illegals, thats ok with me they are coverin themselves.

I for one choose not to report anyone, thats just me.

What he said minus the four stroke bit

Back