Banana pipe modification (make it less crappy?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And please don't go with one of those bikeberry speed demon expansionchamber/muffler.
They have at least 6 inches of pipe sticking into the chamber from above, i had cut one open and seen that and fell on the floor.

This thread saved me $35-40...that Chinese banana pipe is GARBAGE!

I would rather run a drilled baffle stock muffler than that.

Yeah... no. I got the banana pipe that has the end at an angle pointing to the ground. Well.... The metal part that is welded to the pipe (The part that has the screw holes in it) is welded on slightly bent. The left hole for the screw is almost at the top of the metal, not in the middle. The right one is center. The weld marks come out about a centimeter. The diameter of the exhaust pipe at the bottom is about 2/3 the stock pipe. Shame on quality control... I mean it was just 8$ so. :D

Yeah... no. I got the banana pipe that has the end at an angle pointing to the ground. Well.... The metal part that is welded to the pipe (The part that has the screw holes in it) is welded on slightly bent. The left hole for the screw is almost at the top of the metal, not in the middle. The right one is center. The weld marks come out about a centimeter. The diameter of the exhaust pipe at the bottom is about 2/3 the stock pipe. Shame on quality control... I mean it was just 8$ so. :D

This is the voodoo

https://www.ebay.com/p/80cc-Motorized-Bike-Gas-Engine-Parts-Black-Voodoo-Muffler-Pipe/6002498865

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have the banana pipe and have used the stock exhaust. it works ok I think and I notice an increase in bottom end torque and have not noticed any top end speed lost. one thing that is nice with it is how it stays close to my frame and I can ride over curbs and trees and stuff and nothing hits my pipe like a stock exhaust . to each their own. I wasn't going to spend 1/2 the price of a motor for an expansion chamber to eliminate my exaust getting knocked off by something I am cruising over. ( yes I have done this and it ruined my exhaust pipe and bent the studs and tore the gasket and am lucky it didn't crack the jug

I have the banana pipe and have used the stock exhaust. it works ok I think and I notice an increase in bottom end torque and have not noticed any top end speed lost. one thing that is nice with it is how it stays close to my frame and I can ride over curbs and trees and stuff and nothing hits my pipe like a stock exhaust . to each their own. I wasn't going to spend 1/2 the price of a motor for an expansion chamber to eliminate my exaust getting knocked off by something I am cruising over. ( yes I have done this and it ruined my exhaust pipe and bent the studs and tore the gasket and am lucky it didn't crack the jug
You curb jumping ?! Lol

Yo bike IS A "THOT"

I JUMP steel plates in road and bumps only my bikes all aluminium 7005 tubed.

I did this a few years back to show folks and warn away from it's use yet many still bought it. There is a different one out there now though that has no internal baffles and the little stinger comes out at an angle,the header is still too small in dia and length but it's an improvement on the original.
Why would they make it that way? How can you get any benefit from the expansion with pipes inside like that? I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back