Banzi Down Hill Sprockets!.....18T !!! OMG

A

andyinchville1

HI All,

Had a customer call in today and ask what the smallest sprocket we can make for the motorized bikes is....Appears he wants to go for some maximum speed runs (he was thinking downhill would help too.....and actually may be required although I can't say for sure not having ever made one smaller than a 27T for our bikes thus far).

After doing some rough calculations, I came up with 18T ....Of course this is ONLY a disc hub mount....No 9 hole mounts, and No Top Hat Adapter use....

Should make for some scary fast down hill runs huh? He hasn't ordered it yet
but said he was just on the verge!!

Anyways, if anybody is interested we can go to 18T (hobbed only).

Maybe you want to be the first? ;-)

Andrew

the ht engine will blow if run like that all the time...looking forward to reviews on both...

holy ****, don't even want to think about how fast that is. I would NOT sell or make a sprocket for that customer, for obvious legal reasons. Make him sign a disclaimer if you do. That is just ridiculously fast. I can see the chain coming off at high speeds or the hub shearing from the load, and the rest is just history. Consider the moral implications of selling him/her a sprocket that can propel a BICYCLE at speeds in excess of 50MPH. This customer would make an excellent candidate for the Darwin awards.

Back