Carby basic carb & idle adjustments

D

DFerfuson

can anybody give me some pointers on the basic carb and idle adjustments on these 80 cc motors. I have to have my choke on about 3/4 for it to run half way decent, when I take the choke off it dies. I didnt know if the 16:1 mix is causing me any problems. Is it possible I might have the carb put together wrong? am not sure what the problem is. any help would be appreciated thanks.

Dave
Virginia Beach, VA

Welcome to MBc
Did you put the carb together yourself, or just stick it on? An engine running better w/choke on usually indicates a lean running condition. Could be sucking in air from someplace. A ratio of 16:1 is a lot of oil, imho.
Use the Search feature. type in 'lean' or 'air leak' and pick the "Search for all terms" button
Happy :mrgreen:

Carb working great

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP OUT THERE, I TOOK THE CARB APART AND FOLLOWED THE SIMPLE STEPS ON THE CORRECT ASSEMBLY. IT NOW WILL IDLE WHEN I COME TO A STOP. THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I AM HEARING THAT THE 16:1 MIX IS TO MUCH DURING BREAK IN. IS THAT CORRECT. IF SO WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE MIXING. THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS GREAT SITE.

DAVE

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
good to hear you fixed it. around here, its pretty much accepted that 20:1 for 1st tank break-in, and then 32-36:1 after that. when you run that much oil, lots of bad things can happen...fouled plug, messy, oily build-up in exhaust, and worse...massive carbon build-up on top of piston.
Happy :mrgreen:

Back