Carby basic carb & idle adjustments

D

DFerfuson

can anybody give me some pointers on the basic carb and idle adjustments on these 80 cc motors. I have to have my choke on about 3/4 for it to run half way decent, when I take the choke off it dies. I didnt know if the 16:1 mix is causing me any problems. Is it possible I might have the carb put together wrong? am not sure what the problem is. any help would be appreciated thanks.

Dave
Virginia Beach, VA

spunout

Local time
1:15 AM
Welcome to MBc
Did you put the carb together yourself, or just stick it on? An engine running better w/choke on usually indicates a lean running condition. Could be sucking in air from someplace. A ratio of 16:1 is a lot of oil, imho.
Use the Search feature. type in 'lean' or 'air leak' and pick the "Search for all terms" button
Happy :mrgreen:

D

DFerfuson

Carb working great

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP OUT THERE, I TOOK THE CARB APART AND FOLLOWED THE SIMPLE STEPS ON THE CORRECT ASSEMBLY. IT NOW WILL IDLE WHEN I COME TO A STOP. THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I AM HEARING THAT THE 16:1 MIX IS TO MUCH DURING BREAK IN. IS THAT CORRECT. IF SO WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE MIXING. THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS GREAT SITE.

DAVE

spunout

Local time
1:15 AM
WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
good to hear you fixed it. around here, its pretty much accepted that 20:1 for 1st tank break-in, and then 32-36:1 after that. when you run that much oil, lots of bad things can happen...fouled plug, messy, oily build-up in exhaust, and worse...massive carbon build-up on top of piston.
Happy :mrgreen: