Basics of Boosting Engine Power

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it to mine and it was not easy.
lathe the head down and use a dremel to shape the squish band.
it would be better to lathe the squish band but there aren't any true professionals down here who could do it.
it took me a long time but it came out really good.
the band should match the curvature of the piston and have about .8mm clearance from it.
in the end though I found no real advantage to the head with squish band. Jennings said that they aren't necessary for RPM less than 9000.
their purpose is mostly to lessen heat transfer to the piston by centralizing the heat at TDC away from the edges of the piston.

I did it to mine and it was not easy.
lathe the head down and use a dremel to shape the squish band.
it would be better to lathe the squish band but there aren't any true professionals down here who could do it.
it took me a long time but it came out really good.
the band should match the curvature of the piston and have about .8mm clearance from it.
in the end though I found no real advantage to the head with squish band. Jennings said that they aren't necessary for RPM less than 9000.
their purpose is mostly to lessen heat transfer to the piston by centralizing the heat at TDC away from the edges of the piston.
He cant lathe down the head that's what he's asking is how to do it when the head and jug are one peice!

I don't know how to do that. I've never heard of a 2 stroke with the head being an extension of the cylinder.

I don't know how to do that. I've never heard of a 2 stroke with the head being an extension of the cylinder.
Almost all the smaller displacement 2 strokes of late are one piece! blowers,weed eaters,chainsaws,kwik cut's,pocket bikes and now the bt engine aswell!

almost all 2 stroke yard equipment motors have the head and cylinder as one casting, as do most pocketbike motors, some mopeds, the new electric start motorized bike kits, and many water cooled 2 stroke engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back