Battery Cable to Spark Plug Torn

Commoditism

Local time
10:07 AM
Where can I buy just the battery alone? I checked my local Ace that sold the motor kits and they do have single parts, just not this one. Any help would be great!

IMG_20150920_172510082.jpg

what you're looking for is a spark plug boot. they're easy to find online and don't have to be motorized bicycle specific (the one I use happens to come off a BMW motorcycle, previously I've used a spark plug boot off a dodge neon and off a chevrolet silverado). there's no battery on these bikes.

Where can I buy just the battery alone?
I checked my local Ace that sold the motor kits and they do have single parts, just not this one.

View attachment 59014
Your Tucson Ace sells engine kits?
What a hoot.

That unit is a Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI).

It has no battery, it is powered and timed by a magnet spinning inside copper wire coils called a Magneto inside the engine under the front left cover.

You can just get a new plug wire with boot.
Note that most ignition caps require the little nub screwed on to the top of the spark plug, but most 2-stroke CDI boots require you take it off.

The plug wire unscrews from the CDI, just grab it with pliers and twist it out, if it breaks off no problem, just dig it out until you get to the wood screw they screw into, and screw in a new wire and cap.

Nevermind! Just ordered a whole new one on Amazon for 10 bucks. Thanks for the help! I just needed to know what it was called lol

Back