Battery for motorized bicycle

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
What if i connect 12v regulator AC to magneto, and DC end of regulator to the electronics, like headlights, turn signals, usb charger without battery?

I took the external route and wired 4 5000mAh Lipos 120x80x6 in series to an adjustable regulator to step it down to 12v, then to a 3A fuse block to handlebar switches to each signal and light. Common ground not using frame! double insulate everything.
tho I'd like a generator to recharge, I have an Imax charger at home. Electric start would be the ticket, but not the BT80 lol. wire the starter from it's own 5A fuse on the (+) line to your switch to starter.
you have a good idea on everything, just we can't get any juice from these CG magnetos. :( any amperage you take off from it sacrifices the ignition
requires external charging + battery

For lights and accessories why not just use rechargeable AA/AAA's. I use energizer brand all over the house and have saved a lot of money using them. A good charge on them lasts as long as an alkaline Duracell does.

This motor has electric and pull start and is affordable. I have the same thing only older. I just tested the starter today for the first time and it worked great. It will fit a bikeberry friction drive kit, staton inc. friction drive kit, the staton inc. chain drive kit, bikeberry axle mount kit or the golden eagle bike engines kit. May be some others. To avoid spending alot you can build a mount for the auto clutch yourself. This is legal engine size is most areas but I think you're from Europe because you said your English was bad? so idk. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alu-49cc-Piston-Engine-2-Stroke-Single-Cylinder-Pocket-Bike-Motorcycle-Air-coole/253678401103?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=57159&meid=a101debe517b404ab8d2c64431c30c20&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=183068481617&itm=253678401103&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
This motor has electric and pull start and is affordable. I have the same thing only older. I just tested the starter today for the first time and it worked great. It will fit a bikeberry friction drive kit, staton inc. friction drive kit, the staton inc. chain drive kit, bikeberry axle mount kit or the golden eagle bike engines kit. May be some others. To avoid spending alot you can build a mount for the auto clutch yourself. This is legal engine size is most areas but I think you're from Europe because you said your English was bad? so idk. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alu-49cc-Piston-Engine-2-Stroke-Single-Cylinder-Pocket-Bike-Motorcycle-Air-coole/253678401103?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=57159&meid=a101debe517b404ab8d2c64431c30c20&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=183068481617&itm=253678401103&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Nobody cares so get lost. He has a cg.

I believe an off motor generator to keep a battery fully charged is a better option. Going on this contraption, https://www.popularmechanics.com/te...power-how-to-build-a-bike-generator-16627209/
Those type generators are cheap and generally weatherproof, also available in compact sizes. Wheel powered or with a belt and pulley??? The system would require a generator, a regulator to control the output, a sealed lead acid battery, some wires and way to turn it.

Someone smarter than I am should be able to concoct a simple set up that could run in either 6V or 12V.

Back