Battery Level Question

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
1:18 AM
I mentioned in another post how my battery level dropped to pretty much empty, 1/5 bars, after an hour of riding. It escaped my mind that after I got home and it sat for a bit, the battery level jumped back up to 4/5 bars without me charging them. This morning I went for a ride and when I finished, I don't recall now where it was 3/5 I think, but I did notice that the level indicator increased to 5/5 bars from the time I stopped to when I was done putting it away and shutting it off.

Which level do I trust? I'd presume the level while it has a load. It is also colder outside when I am riding, 40 degrees give or take. Maybe that is it?

Alls I know is that when your using power the level indicator will drop a bar and when your not it will go up but usually only one bar.

When your down to almost empty The last bar will flash, Ya only got about 3 miles left Time to charge ASAP
Even if you use the battery until the bike shuts off . To prevent the battery from being ruined, when the bike runs out of power the battery is not completely dead But they say to charge ASAP if the last bar flashes

Since I carry 2 batteries I change the battery before the last bar flashes or as soon as it flashes
I don't run until Im out of power, They say it's not good to run the battery that low every time

That cold weather voltage sag is tremendous! I rode in the single digits with this installed and got over 47 miles
per chargein the cold weather even with the voltage sag...

Not saying it'll work for your ebike but not gonna hurt to look into that for the spring and summer months ;)

I mentioned in another post how my battery level dropped to pretty much empty, 1/5 bars, after an hour of riding. It escaped my mind that after I got home and it sat for a bit, the battery level jumped back up to 4/5 bars without me charging them. This morning I went for a ride and when I finished, I don't recall now where it was 3/5 I think, but I did notice that the level indicator increased to 5/5 bars from the time I stopped to when I was done putting it away and shutting it off.

Which level do I trust? I'd presume the level while it has a load. It is also colder outside when I am riding, 40 degrees give or take. Maybe that is it?
In my experience, the battery will always recover a bit after it has rested. That's a little deceptive because on your next ride the level will drop more quickly than on the previous ride. In other words, when you turn on your e-bike, the meter will tell you there's plenty of power, but (depending on how much range you need) the actual charge level may not be sufficient.

Back