BBR 100cc 2-stroke motor

Biff2246

Local time
2:04 AM
Hi. I am new to building a motor bike. I have the frame and everything to complete a new build but I am sort of stuck wondering about which engine. I am leaning toward the BBR 100cc 2-stroke. Any thoughts or recommendations? Is this a quality motor to go with?

Welcome to MotoredBikes. :)
Its a crap shoot buying china junk. You could get a great motor or you could get a bad one

lots better vendors than bbr, lol. I like CDH powers and BGF. There are other good ones too. You should read in the complaints section before you bite the bullet and get a monster for your bike. The 49mm steel jugged engines are more powerful than the 100 series engines.

Its a crap shoot buying china junk. You could get a great motor or you could get a bad one
Thank you for such solid advice
It can be a crap shoot, that is why i use a good vendor service and also use a motor that has a good track record for being decent and reliable...DAMIEN

There's a new true 85cc 2 stroke on bicycle engines.com. Not sure how good those are.
That sucker looks fantastic, at least according to the specs OOTB...It looks to be a Zeda made motor...Gonna be interesting to see if it delivers as promised...For 300.00 bucks, it better be...lol...DAMIEN

EDIT...Personally, I would like to hear what @Street Ryderz would say about this new motor that is now available after reading the specs offered on it....If there is something worthwhile to be gleaned from it, he would pick up on it better than myself....Im just talking about its stock specs obviously since that is what i tend to stay with myself, as well as most average user/builders that are looking for real "bang for the buck" on their stock builds.

It is kinda seeming the Zeda engines are a bit more legit....?
I have heard they are great engines, the cost turns me off though. I do all that work they do myself and more, it's half the fun in owning one of these bikes. The tinker factor and bragging rights saying you made that crappy $ 100 engine have that power level. It all comes down to what kind of rider you are. Are you a motorhead or just a casual cruiser?

I like CDH the best because they have phenomenal customer service. Always happy to fix any issue promptly.

Back