BBR 80cc Stage 4 with 4 1/4" Tire

dvddythicc

Local time
4:45 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new here and just getting into the motorized bike scene. I just purchased the bike that I plan to build my first motorized bike with, it is a Schwinn Stingray Chopper with a 20x4.25" tire in the back. I am wanting to put the Stage 4 80cc engine from BBR on it, but am wondering what problems I may run into considering the size of the rear tire, or if the kit will even work in the first place. Any information would be very helpful before I start ordering parts!

Those little bikes aren't very good for going fast, they have long flexy forks that don't make for very good handling. A 49cc works best, but you will have to add a jack shaft or offset the engine to get the chain to the rear wheel. You will also have to re-enforce the frame and a few other things.

For your first bike I would recommend a cruiser style or mountain bike, once you know all the pitfalls of building a bike then go on to stingray.

Hello everyone! I'm new here and just getting into the motorized bike scene. I just purchased the bike that I plan to build my first motorized bike with, it is a Schwinn Stingray Chopper with a 20x4.25" tire in the back. I am wanting to put the Stage 4 80cc engine from BBR on it, but am wondering what problems I may run into considering the size of the rear tire, or if the kit will even work in the first place. Any information would be very helpful before I start ordering parts!

well, stingray bikes aren't really the best for your first bike (IMHO) since they require some additional parts and some hacking.

HOWEVER, if you still are committed to it, you need a engine mount (similar to this one) https://www.ebay.com/itm/1327529463...px4WHwKjmWOcLaHE_rAgUQKYT9UdXXVsaAksjEALw_wcB

id personally AVOID bikeberry kits, as they are just cobbled together eBay kits that arent good quality for the price, customer service is also half-assed at best.

stick with the zeda 80 motors as your first kit.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

For the Schwinn OCC Chopper Your are going to need a pair of offset mounts DO not get the barry mounts or the rip off of barry mounts please the barry mounts adds un-neaded holes and the rip off barry mounts tilt left and right under load

Get your self a pair of these mounts you can get them Here along with engines and mufflers and forks

1619204231379.png

You will want a set of ape hangers, and a way to weld bracings at the back or min a wishbone reinforcement

1619204347634.png

If your running the fender on your OCC be ready to trim it down.

also OCCs do not come with front brakes which is highly recommended
i went with this
1619204574772.png

But i highly recommend upgrading to the Hardened Alloy Forks so you can use disc brakes.

OCCs are not first timer builds and can be expensive.

Upside is you can use 16" motorcycle tires on your rear rim and used ones are basically free and last a long time :3

For the Schwinn OCC Chopper Your are going to need a pair of offset mounts DO not get the barry mounts or the rip off of barry mounts please the barry mounts adds un-neaded holes and the rip off barry mounts tilt left and right under load

Get your self a pair of these mounts you can get them Here along with engines and mufflers and forks

View attachment 104888

You will want a set of ape hangers, and a way to weld bracings at the back or min a wishbone reinforcement

View attachment 104889

If your running the fender on your OCC be ready to trim it down.

also OCCs do not come with front brakes which is highly recommended
i went with this
View attachment 104890

But i highly recommend upgrading to the Hardened Alloy Forks so you can use disc brakes.

OCCs are not first timer builds and can be expensive.

Upside is you can use 16" motorcycle tires on your rear rim and used ones are basically free and last a long time :3
Thank you very much for the link to the motor mounts! Also I am planning on fabricating some sort of reinforcement like you mentioned. I'll make sure to post pictures of my progress along the way.

Thank you very much for the link to the motor mounts! Also I am planning on fabricating some sort of reinforcement like you mentioned. I'll make sure to post pictures of my progress along the way.
your welcome make sure to measure your stud spacing to know if you get the normal ones or the zeda ones

The guy at the flea market is selling this jewel for $50 , LOL

Attachments

• IMG_8751.JPG
    IMG_8751.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 189
Back