BBR Bracket Bending Rear Dropouts

Aikaru

Local time
4:25 AM
So I've had an issue recently with my BBR caliper brackets bending my rear and front dropouts outwards. My rear dropouts have been of biggest concern as they have stretched so far, my hex nut will not longer fit on the entirety of the dropout. I have a steel frame so I'm not sure why it's been able to bend this. Any ideas on how to reverse or fix this?

I had previously mentioned to you about welding extra steel in there as reinforcement but somone may know of a better idea than i have had for that problem...OK guys, time to join the "feeding frenzy"...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...It needs to be mentioned that Aikaru has been riding this mostly offroad with mags which may be stressing the dropouts more than street riding might do.

There's alot of force on them dropouts when using that style of bracket with disc brakes, that's why I built my own style to combat against bending the frame. There's a better style of disc brake bracket out there, but idk if he will be able to use it.

Here is the style that I'm thinking of, I just dont know if they will work for him, it's the best conversion brackets I've found. Short of building your own.
31aqjAHaePL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Yeah they bolt around and over the dropout, & thru the axle, that's why they're 2 piece. They are beefy, I just didn't have enough room for them as my bike has alot going on, on that side of my bike.

I'm using a smart phone & havent figured out how to copy & post a link, I guess I'm too stupid Lol. But do a search for bicycle disc brake conversion bracket. It should pull something up. There sold by amazon, ebay, & bike shops.

If you get that bracket & it wont work for you, let me know, & I'll take my bracket I built off my bike & post some pics of it, it's easy to build if you got a few tools & a place to do it.

Back