BBR motor ready frame Q's

Forget all this nonsense. Who has a good center plug head that won't break the bank? I see some on Amazon as cheap as $28 with good reviews.

Here I thought I was gonna get a free mod using my machines, and should have just kept assembling the LS motor and at least getting paid for staying late at work lol.

The band is there, but this might give you a better idea of what I'm trying to convey with text. The caliper is set to 47mm, this head is the wrong size. The other head seems worse.

View attachment 175153
Yeah that head I showed you had the same problem, it was on a 49mm bore engine & the cylinder head was cut for a 47mm bore. So I used a 49mm piston & glued sandpaper to top of piston, the used piston to cut the squish band to my 49mm bore. I'll shut up, cause we are on the same page, lmao I just coudn't see that in your used cylinder head because of the carbon.

Forget all this nonsense. Who has a good center plug head that won't break the bank? I see some on Amazon as cheap as $28 with good reviews.

Here I thought I was gonna get a free mod using my machines, and should have just kept assembling the LS motor and at least getting paid for staying late at work lol.
I've heard the JRL heads are good. I personally run the octagon CDH hi-compression head, but it's like $48-$54 dollars. It's a really good head with a 5.5cc combustion chamber.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Ya but, the CDH head has the squish band cut so that the charge gets forced into the center.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Ya but, the CDH head has the squish band cut so that the charge gets forced into the center.
Check out the pics of combustion chambers in the two links. The square head also has a small chamber, center plug, and appears to have the same squish.

After a quick search, I saw old posts where peeps are gluing sandpaper to pistons as @DieselTech said. With my job and access to equipment, pretty sure I can get this well sorted. Probably going to cheap out on the $30 head and see. It has to be better than wasting my time on a stock cast head, and with a center plug, I can just chuck it in the lathe.

Old gasket is .57mm thicker than the replacement. So, will skim the head .81mm and I should have .8 left over. Now to figure out how to hold it in the vice and keep it flat. (holy cow, .030" is a lot to shave off a head lol).
I shave .130" off my Whizzer Ambassador Heads

By hand hold it on a bench top belt sander, use 120 grit it will take .030" off in no time,
Use your bear hand so your forced to stop when it gets too hot to hold before ya take off too much
Have a shallow pan of water so you can cool it off while you take a measurement.

Of course stop before you get to your desired measurement and finish it on plate glass

DSCF7404.JPG

I shave .130" off my Whizzer Ambassador Heads

By hand hold it on a bench top belt sander, use 120 grit it will take .030" off in no time,
Use your bear hand so your forced to stop when it gets too hot to hold before ya take off too much
Have a shallow pan of water so you can cool it off while you take a measurement.

Of course stop before you get to your desired measurement and finish it on plate glass
I have a machine shop, it's my day "job" :D Was faster to clamp it in a vice on the Bridgeport. I have a sander like that, inherited it from pop-in-law, I've had it almost 20yr, it's gotta be from the 60's. Most of my equipment is vintage, like it's owner. :p

UGH! The concept is nice, but the tubing is just too thin. Gonna have to make something up.

View attachment 175174
Well I see you got kickstand issues, here is what I did to remedy that problem. That 1/2"steel plate across wheel stays & then there is a bushing under it, that the bolt goes thru to take up the free space. Maybe this will give you some thoughts on your.
20220513_110054.jpg

Back