BBR motor ready frame Q's

Got some bling. Thanks @Pablo!

IMG_20220823_114556.jpg
IMG_20220823_114519.jpg

Make one! Hand drill, hacksaw and files will do. I also thought the "stock" ones are too high, plus I only really had time into it, those were scraps - kinda. I had to hold a cam bearing to turn the ID. Those are left over hole saw drops where I had to make 2" holes in 1/2" 6061. Put the plugs in a drawer figuring they would be used for something. Basically the scraps had three lives heh.

Any lower and my gear cover will hit the chain.

Figured I'd take the bike for a little ride by the canal. Jump on, pedal out, pop the clutch and my back tire dragged! Motor Locked? No, the crank nut was interfering ugh...
IMG_20220824_140348.jpg

No biggie, shave the nut, reinstall.

Then I get back and notice "man down!". Just a screw loose....

IMG_20220824_143907.jpg

Then I stop Strava. I thought I was cruising there for a minute. Fastest MPH on this bike so far.

Screenshot_20220824-144016~2.png

Took some video again. Have no idea about quality. Will have to look later.

Bike has been sitting, tires deflated (rear has had a slow leak since new). Put a little slime in the rear tube, aired up, and went to go get lunch. On the way back the motor chain snapped, ugh. It's stretched since new and I was being lazy about taking the offset link out, and it jumped off the sprocket when going over a bump and got caught in the rear wheel.

It was also a little lazy to start, will probably pop a new plug in it, or at least wire brush the current one.

New chain will be here today. Found my chain breaker when looking for the offset links, so that's a plus! Front tire already aired out, so gonna put some slime in that one too. Rear is holding now.

Slimed and aired the front tire, installed the new chain and took it for a ride.

Felt a little sluggish, almost like lacking fuel since it wasn't really four stroking. Strange, this engine is the same one that was on Rusty, so it has a ton of miles, could be weather (air is very cool compared to last ride). Peaked at 33mph on a ride I usually see about 4-5mph more.

Slimed and aired the front tire, installed the new chain and took it for a ride.

Felt a little sluggish, almost like lacking fuel since it wasn't really four stroking. Strange, this engine is the same one that was on Rusty, so it has a ton of miles, could be weather (air is very cool compared to last ride). Peaked at 33mph on a ride I usually see about 4-5mph more.
It's tired, should perk up once you run some more fuel through it.

It's tired, should perk up once you run some more fuel through it.
Changed the plug and went for a ride, it's getting better. Been using just whatever chainsaw plugs from the end caps at the parts store, this time used an NGK BR6HS. Gotta get a different plug socket, this is 13/16, the others are 5/8. Seemed to start easier on this plug, and I'm guessing the compression went up a tiny bit since the threads are longer on the NGK. Just got back from a ride around the industrial area, peaked at 37. Kicking myself, should have done a plug chop with this nice weather.

Back