BCA Bicyle Corporation of America bike....

Local time
3:48 PM
I found a BCA Merica Rover 1020 uni-lite 10 speed bike for 22 bucks....It seams to be heavyduty,but was wondering if anyone has heard of a BCA bike or know anything about them....I want to put a friction drive on my next build in the next couple of weeks and was thinking this would be a good bike for it....
John

it would probally work but you really need wider tires to get a good grip thats why i'm going with a mtn bike with cruiser tires on it to get a better grip on the tire and roller...

BCA seems vaguely familiar to me. But nothing more specific than that.

Still, it seems to me that they go back to, roughly, my childhood.

That would suggest that we're talking about a tough frame with narrow tubes.

If I'm right, that would be perfect for motorizing.

Wider wheels and tires can always be added.

i love the old bike they were really built rite not like most bikes today a little solder and they are done.

fyi---just a quick search got me this info---am sure more is available if needed so give me a shout if you are curious and i will find what i can

AGE / VALUE: BCA FOLDING BICYCLE BCAMERICA posted by: JUNIOR on 9/14/2003 at 3:59 PM
HELLO GUYS! I JUST FOUND A NEAT OLD BIKE AT A TAG SALE. IT IS A BCA AND IS A FOLDING BIKE THAT COULD BE PUT IN A CAR TRUNK... IT SAYS BCAMERICA ON IT AND IS A ONE SPEED. THE BIKE IS COMPLETE AND I WAS WANTING TO FIND OUT ANY INFORMATION AND VALUE ON IT IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT.

THANKS MUCH!!!

RE:AGE / VALUE: BCA FOLDING BICYCLE BCAMERICA posted by Stacey on 9/14/2003 at 7:00 PM
BCA = Bicycle Corporation of America. Were based in Allentown, PA up to the mis 80's at best. Defunct due to Chapter 11. They'll surface every now and again. Nothing spectacular, but due to limited Corporate lifespan, in years to come might show some curio value if left unscathed.

IMHO - Folders are cool bikes. I'm doing a Raleigh 20 HotRod project. Ride it and enjoy it

RE:AGE / VALUE: BCA FOLDING BICYCLE BCAMERICA posted by CatfoodRob on 9/14/2003 at 9:46 PM
Whats Chapter 11 Stacey?

RE:RE:AGE / VALUE: BCA FOLDING BICYCLE BCAMERICA posted by Stacey on 9/15/2003 at 10:22 AM
Sorry Rob, it's a Yank thing... one of the forms of Bankruptcy here in the States.
and here is the url to vintage bicycle genealogy--good place to start for info on older bikes

http://oldroads.com/arch/MUS2003_9_1512_54_44_AM.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Back