Be Warned....

J

JemmaUK

I decided I wanted to buy something from a chinese web supplier... which isnt available in the UK or europe..

Had a look through their site, decided on my choice and ordered it... then on the off chance it was cheaper somewhere else went looking.

Sure enough it was cheaper somewhere else which I found out within 4 hours and emailed the company to cancel my order which had been paid for using paypal... no response...

After 4 days.... and 4 emails they tell me... I cant cancel it because its been shipped... which I know is untrue, because they shipped it today!

which means I may have two of these devices coming, neither of which I can really afford with no real recourse at all except stopping the payment on my card which is harder than getting george bush to think...

be very very careful when dealing with these people since they havent quite caught up with the concept of trading standards or honesty

can you tell I am annoyed?

the website is www.bigboxstore.com by the way

Jemma xx

which means I may have two of these devices coming, neither of which I can really afford with no real recourse at all except stopping the payment on my card which is harder than getting george bush to think...

Jemma xx

Two things I would like to point out.

1. If you can't afford the purchase, why did you make it?

2. When you screw up, why do you feel the need to down grade U.S. leaders?

I don't ridicule your country, why must you ridicule my country's President. This is the second time you've done it that I know of and it's not appreciated.

Well said kerf. Bush is not the cause of every evil on on earth. Well maybe bad bush can cause some real problems, but that's material for another BB.

Two things I would like to point out.

1. If you can't afford the purchase, why did you make it?

2. When you screw up, why do you feel the need to down grade U.S. leaders?

I don't ridicule your country, why must you ridicule my country's President. This is the second time you've done it that I know of and it's not appreciated.

I can afford the purchase - if its only the one.. and I expected, as would happen with US/EU/Asiatic dealers on the internet that a request for refund on cancellation of an unshipped order would be respected.. I obviously stand corrected.

On your second point. you made my point for me. I have alot of respect for America having been there more than once. I also have alot of respect for the American people in general.. having met more than a few of them on their home turf... of all different levels so far as location, class and such. I do find it extremely weird to be staying in a household with a 4 year old girl where a car is left unlocked with a gun sat in full veiw on the drivers seat, but that is probably just my own experience from living in the UK. When we had dunblane all handguns were banned, no questions, no pack drill...

Regarding the individual of which you speak. The man plainly and simply is and is generally accepted by even the USA's allies as a dangerous idiot. Thats not to be disrespectful of his position... the UK has had some prize pratts in its past... Neville 'peace in our time' Chamberlain is one good example... but even he would have paled at taking troops into places like afghanistan & Iraq - and that with a given that the legal status of the war was bombproof - which it isnt. From memory the british army in the last 200 years has been handed a drubbing by the afghans on 5 separate occasions, the russian army was beaten by them once, and I think the french got a kicking as well (quelle surprise). I make no secret of the fact that I disagree with both wars, and though I cant say most of the british troops I have met have been particularly nice people, there are exceptions... it upsets and annoys me that they are being killed in this situation that could have been avoided... specially when they are people from my home town.

I hope fervently that Barack Obama will do a better job, and will be allowed to do so. I think it will be a sea-change if he's able to put in the measures he's been suggesting.. but its probably the hardest time since the 30's to bring the USA around to a new course... and he will have alot of work to do to restore the USA's reputation world wide after what has happened in the last few years.

I hope thats answered your question and made my position clear, I hold alot of respect for the American political system, although im not all that clear on the mechanics of it, but sometimes even the best systems can have a bit of a brainfart... and the departing Mr Bush Jnr. was probably the best example I can think of.

Jemma xx

Hi Jemma,

I suggest you should shop around first before placing your orders and changing your mind the next day.
I personally worked for one of these companies in China and i know how it works, once you place an order with them, their product managers rush to wholesale markets to purchase the the products for the order and its not very easy to return them back for no good reason.
Maybe you should have just asked if they could provide you with a discount because you found exactly the same product elsewhere. Did that ever crossed your mind?
We just have to be more reasonable in these situations.

Cheers :cool:

I would have had no problems with that if that had been made clear... it wasnt.. and even having looked through their refund policy it isnt that clear...

It certainly isnt made clear that they act basically as a clearing house for other companies which seem to be the case.. and since that has been explained to me by themselves.. I better understand their position.

In point of fact they have offered me a discount on another purchase with them and depending on how the device works.. and if it works.. I might know some people who would be interested in it..

Incidentally the gadget concerned is the M808 phone... notable in the fact its built into a watch sized casing and built as such... fairly impressive for a triband phone/mp3 player with a FM radio receiver, BT 2.0 and up to 2Gb storage. Only thing that one doesnt have is a camera.. but I dont tend to use the camera anyways.. and there are models with them available.

Hence why I didnt do what I usually do and look for better prices since I was pretty much convinced that it wouldnt be stocked anywhere but on chinese supplier sites... and having looked around it pretty much isnt.

Jemma xx

Thank you for your straight forward reply. I respect your right to be a Marxist and to wish Marxism on the world, I will, however, make every attempt to see that the plan fails. For the record, "When they pry it from my cold dead hands".

Thank you for your straight forward reply. I respect your right to be a Marxist and to wish Marxism on the world, I will, however, make every attempt to see that the plan fails. For the record, "When they pry it from my cold dead hands".

I am not a marxist... goddess knows I have spent the last 3 years fighting a system which is a result of the 1946 labour govt's dalliance with just that...
If you want me to classify myself I would call myself Liberal - something that roughly equates to your democrats.

Regarding one particular policy it has been suggested Obama favours... aka the national health support idea... I think its a good idea.. since I know personally of 4 people who have serious conditions in the US but dont have the money for HI... for no fault of their own.. who arent/didnt get treatment. Those include.. one case of breast cancer and one of NPH... normal pressure hydrocephalus.. which was misdiagnosed for over 6 years! In a perfect world the super-rich would be tapped for money they can well afford to pay for this, but i doubt that would happen and it will probably be the lot of the middle classes to contribute as well.. what alot of people in the US dont seem to see is that, if the system is the same as here, everyone, under a certain level of income would be funded for what they treatment they require not just that which they can afford.. or which is covered.. as in the current HI biased system.

I dont think Obama is anywhere close to marxist in his outlook, and I think that the US might get a major surprise as to just how 'same old,same old' he is in some respects... but we all have to wait and see on that.

Jemma xx

I meant no disrespect by the use of the "M" word but I see little difference between it and liberalism. Remember, I'm only an idiot because I voted for Bush twice. I have many disagreements with the President but they all result from his reluctance to go far enough not going too far. I refuse to trade liberty for 30 pieces of silver and all I want from government is to get out of my way. I'm a throwback to the era of Churchill, Thatcher and Reagan.

kerf,
what qualifies you to propagate a stigma on a fellow human they are instantly a marxists when the fellow human happens to speak out thier minds ( informed or uninformed ) when a capitalist system error is voiced/exposed ?

You called me a marxists once and I made a joke of it, I am no activists BTW except to the "RIDE THAT THING" active on the fringes of capitalisat wonderland, cos the first thing came to mind was the original "marxixts", in the movies.
But since curiously having had a look at YOUR version of the definition of marx using google to see what it's all about, but only briefly, it does say something along the lines of a fairer deal for the worker.

Do you have a problem each time profit is threatened due to a possible new and or better idea/solution being voiced over both systems,and possibly others to ?

We are in a global recesision, so we are told and this is supposed to be "normal" under the curent system, but is it ?
I can understand taxes, but interest on loans, or the ideology of interets rates and provisional taxes on money one might earn, makes no sense.
We are probably made to think it's "normal" to have interest on loans and provisional taxes etc etc, it all seems mathematical manipulations using instruments of law and the capra of " that's the way it is".
So, seeing we are all marxist, can you be kind enough to please explain in laymans terms what exactly is this marxist thing we are all supposedly guilty of whenever a "rock the boat" thing is voiced?

Last edited:
Back