Be Warned....

J

JemmaUK

I decided I wanted to buy something from a chinese web supplier... which isnt available in the UK or europe..

Had a look through their site, decided on my choice and ordered it... then on the off chance it was cheaper somewhere else went looking.

Sure enough it was cheaper somewhere else which I found out within 4 hours and emailed the company to cancel my order which had been paid for using paypal... no response...

After 4 days.... and 4 emails they tell me... I cant cancel it because its been shipped... which I know is untrue, because they shipped it today!

which means I may have two of these devices coming, neither of which I can really afford with no real recourse at all except stopping the payment on my card which is harder than getting george bush to think...

be very very careful when dealing with these people since they havent quite caught up with the concept of trading standards or honesty

can you tell I am annoyed?

the website is www.bigboxstore.com by the way

Jemma xx

BoltsMissing, thank you for your reply.

Have a nice day.

KilroyCD, see, I can play nice.

kerf,
what qualifies you to propagate a stigma on a fellow human they are instantly a marxists when the fellow human happens to speak out thier minds ( informed or uninformed ) when a capitalist system error is voiced/exposed ?

You called me a marxists once and I made a joke of it, I am no activists BTW except to the "RIDE THAT THING" active on the fringes of capitalisat wonderland, cos the first thing came to mind was the original "marxixts", in the movies.
But since curiously having had a look at YOUR version of the definition of marx using google to see what it's all about, but only briefly, it does say something along the lines of a fairer deal for the worker.

Do you have a problem each time profit is threatened due to a possible new and or better idea/solution being voiced over both systems,and possibly others to ?

We are in a global recesision, so we are told and this is supposed to be "normal" under the curent system, but is it ?
I can understand taxes, but interest on loans, or the ideology of interets rates and provisional taxes on money one might earn, makes no sense.
We are probably made to think it's "normal" to have interest on loans and provisional taxes etc etc, it all seems mathematical manipulations using instruments of law and the capra of " that's the way it is".
So, seeing we are all marxist, can you be kind enough to please explain in laymans terms what exactly is this marxist thing we are all supposedly guilty of whenever a "rock the boat" thing is voiced?

BM,

You are a moderator and should be a referee when things get out of hand, not an agitator.

BM,

You are a moderator and should be a referee when things get out of hand, not an agitator.

this was not a mod question or post, simply asking what the heck is a marxist according to kerf everytime someone speaks out, all in a good light and humour I hope. I know we have lines crossed here and for that I am sorry, life goes on. Ya either a like a river or a lake, one flows and the the other stands still.

One other thing, Jemma;

First a disclaimer. I'm no friend of George Bush. For that matter, I am a friend of yours.

But George didn't really belong in this thread. Bringing him in wasn't exactly wrong, but I can't blame anyone who objects.

.....But George didn't really belong in this thread. Bringing him in wasn't exactly wrong, but I can't blame anyone who objects.

You say that he didn't belong in this thread, but then say bringing him in wasn't exactly wrong? Is this another "I voted for it before I voted against it" waffle moment? :D

arceeguy, what I wrote there doesn't seem so out of line to me. Seems pretty reasonable, as a matter of fact.

You really should stay out of threads like this one. This one's gotten political, so it really should be deleted. But some of us come in here and try to smooth things over.
You come in and pour a bunch of gasoline on it.

Your scorn and contempt don't belong in any civilised discussion.

You're a lot more wrong than Jemma ever was.

arceeguy, what I wrote there doesn't seem so out of line to me. Seems pretty reasonable, as a matter of fact.

Of course it does. Everyone loves to be on both sides of the fence - this way, nobody gets their feelings hurt. This is how our new Presidents diplomacy will work, and one of the reasons why you voted for him. How sophisticated!

........You're a lot more wrong than Jemma ever was.

*sigh*

I don't buy things I can't afford.

If I find a better deal elsewhere, I suck it up and promise myself to shop around more before committing to buy.

I don't blame other countries world leaders (or my own, for that matter) for my own lack of "smart" purchasing capabilities.

Have a great day!

Back