Beach Cruiser

61_106_1696_1.jpg

61_106_1699_1.jpg

61_106_1701_1.jpg

61_106_1702_1.jpg

Very nice! It seems everyone has those cheapie target scwinn generator lights. I modified mine to run off a battery and be controlled by a switch on my handlebars.

the classic look, and nicely done 8)

the round-wire fender braces are the way to go...good move, or did the fenders come with the bicycle?

I see you had to cut a section of fender out for clearance. I had to do the same. Is that also the reason your chain tension roller is so high? Over all looks great!
Doc

Same bike I ride, Pacific Shorewood. Mine is an older model that came with black anodized rims, spokes, and hubs. Basically the same bike as the Kulana Moon Dog but different color.

I hope you reinforced the front fender. If not, it could break while you're at speed and cause an accident. I'm running mine without fenders.

Moth

Hey Moth,
Mine is the Moon dog. Are you saying that they come loose or completely break off?
doc :???:

srdavo said:
My buddy motored one just like it. I hope you have reinforced the front fender. his came loose...got tangled enough to lock up his front wheel........sent him over the handlebars....he said he was in the air....(like superman) ....long enough to contemplate his landing. fortunately, he was ok.(to hear him tell it, was a hoot!) there have been several other instances of this happening... on the cranbrook.... some were not so lucky. just want ya to ride safe.
Dave

If it (fender) comes loose where it attaches to the top of the fork, it'll follow your tire...till it hits the road, then becomes a brake..... a brake you don't want.

Yes, the fenders are made from very thin steel which cracks easily, especially the top support on the front fender. When the fender ends up between your tire and the road it will cause a wreck. If you must have fenders, add supports and inspect them every time you ride. Or get some soft plastic fenders that flex instead of break.

Moth

Dockspa1 said:
Hey Moth,
Mine is the Moon dog. Are you saying that they come loose or completely break off?
doc :???:

ot, a bit...ok, the fenders are stock. i was wondering.

so it's the fender itself breaking & not the braces?

thanks, i'll take the rest of this elsewhere 8)

Back