Bearing and Seals

Pugs75

Local time
7:35 AM
Good Morning,
Im sure its been discussed before but does anyone know where to find better crank bearings and seals for a Zeda 80 firestorm edition and or the part numbers. I have been building a new bicycle and had to send my motor back to Bicycle-Engines as it had a really bad vibration. Like could not get over 15mph without my eyes falling out. Molly was fantastic in helping me and long story short they are sending me a new engine. Im thinking about just changing them out before installing back in the bike. Whats nice about doing this is I still have a bike to ride while I get this one running again. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance
This is the build im doing for this engine, dont mind the tank, im building a custom one to fit the void where it is.
IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

The number for the bearing is 6202.
I’ve been using the 6202-2rs.. the 2rs is for rubber seals on the bearing. I pop out one and face the open side in towards the crank.
Timken 6202-2rs run about $7-$10 per bearing. Probably one of the better bearings available.
I’ve been using PGN 6202-2rs. A 4 pack cost about $8. They’re rated for 23K rpm’s and I’ve spun mine up over 11K many times.
If you open the engine up far enough to change bearings it’s probably a good idea to change all 4.
And.. like Cannonball suggested.. if you have the means.. balance the crank. It makes a big difference.

Thank you very much for the information and part numbers, and yes I would definitely balance the crank as well. I have a buddy that's a machinist and he said he would help me with it.

Good Morning,
Im sure its been discussed before but does anyone know where to find better crank bearings and seals for a Zeda 80 firestorm edition and or the part numbers. I have been building a new bicycle and had to send my motor back to Bicycle-Engines as it had a really bad vibration. Like could not get over 15mph without my eyes falling out. Molly was fantastic in helping me and long story short they are sending me a new engine. Im thinking about just changing them out before installing back in the bike. Whats nice about doing this is I still have a bike to ride while I get this one running again. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance
This is the build im doing for this engine, dont mind the tank, im building a custom one to fit the void where it is.
View attachment 182246
View attachment 182247
What kind of frame is that ? I like it.

Back