Been lurking decided to post my new ride.

Noriegad88

Local time
1:49 PM
It's a Fito Modena GT 1 speed. Plan on Mb'ing it. Very pleased with the bike, seems to be good quality, welds look good. Front brakes are great, love the fork setup, tires are beefy, only downside so far is the fenders are a little flimsy... I need to re-engineer/beef em up. Otherwise I'm glad with my choice. Paid $310 shipped from bikebuyers.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 673
As a matter of fact I noticed that model, within the last few days, when window shopping for bikes and thought, "That looks like a good bike for the job".

I'll bet you'll end up proving me right.

Have fun.

24" rim, 3.0" wide, kenda flame tires, measures 26" from ground to top of tire... So it's basically a 26"

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgWelcome! Great choice of bike. Those 3" tires are going to require some slight modifications in order to get the chain to clear. I've built the Modena GT before, and it's not that difficult. I used 2 of the rubber ring spacers on the outside of the spokes with the raised side of the sprocket facing out. Also, I offset the motor by just under 1/2". I put pics of that up. If you're interested I can tell you more.

It's from Arrow Motorized Cycles. It's called the "Torquer II Exhaust Pipe" and it does a very good job with low-mid range power increase. It also improves top end. I like it, but then again I don't have anything to compare it to. I did a lot of research before buying it, and afterwards I bought another.

I advise using exhaust wrap if you run one of these. On the Modena it can't help but touch your leg when you're riding.

I have the same bike and am about to make new plates for the motor mounts to make the shift as you have described. I bought a new aluminum rear gear that grips the rear hub that lets me shift outward to the max. Would 7/8's be better for the tire clearance? Thanks for the reply and really liked the pictures!! Jhammond.cpa@gmail.com

I wouldn't offset it further because your left crank arm will hit the engine if you go too far. The sprocket adapter is a great addition to the built. It will make it very easy to align the chain once your motor is on, and it will also mean you won't have to bend the heck out of the coaster brake arm & grind it down around the edges. Good call.

Back