before and after

E

etheric

Looks good.
I'd be scared to ride in the snow with that saddle up so high myself though. I took the saddle/post out of the bike I was riding today in the snow, just so I could be that much closer to the ground when I fell (which I didn't, thankfully)

A

azvinnie

bike looks nice......but that snow, has got to be a b*tch to ride in.....l just got done riding for an hour in sunny arizona...sorry but i had to say it 8)

D

dzdaz

snow!

I only rode a little in the snow and yea, I almost bit it! After that I just cruised around the block a few times.

S

scottco

danger schmanger,

The bike looks cool with the snow on the tires. I have read about studded tires for motorbikes. A person could stick some roofing tacks through an old tire - if I lived there I might try it. The motor bike guys used to race on the ice.

Anything is possible

Regards

S

scottco

PS

Do you even need that chain tensioner? From the photo it looks like the chain is straight.

I don't have one - they seem so cheesy.

E

etheric

Yeah, there is one on there. They do look cheesy. Ghost rings are way cooler IMO, or just proper tension if you can get it.
There is a cool topic somewhere on here regarding ice biking, with lots o links.

D

dzdaz

chain tension

Now that you guys mention it I might take the chain tensioner off. The chain does slip over a little and rubs on the metal part of it slightly. I just put it on cuz it said to in the instructions. It does keep the chain nice and snug. I'm not sure if there will be too much slack if I take it off. I'll have to check it out sometime. Might be better off if the chains not rubbing.

S

scottco

The chain needs to be snug. I noticed my chain stretched quite a bit at first. If you can't take up the slack with the play in the drop outs I would leave the tensioner where it is.

I would hate to hear about something bad happening after taking that thing off.

Regards, Scottco