Begin the Madness... 6.5hp Motorized Bike 162cc :) "Upd

hey, that calculator is great :D :D :D

the engine looks good on the bike but will need the gas tank seperate...

beautiful engine :cool: im thinkin of puttin a 6.0hp on a rack mount or on a trike with changeable gears with tork converter but i have no money right now and no way to get money so these ideas are mostly pointless...

i think your gear ratio will work gread! :D

jon

Herrmanator my engine is only going to be 100$ they are not expensive :)

I am going to spend less than 200$ I hope to do this.

Motor 100$, clutch 24$, sprocket 9$, Welding 20$, Chain 10$,

Misc bolts and stuff?!?! cant be more than 5$ :) I think I will be able to hit that target. The crankshaft will need to be turned down to make the clutch work but I am not worried

I will be using parts from the dax kit for throttle and stuff like that. I may use the gas tank that is on there however as it is 3qt vs half gallon.

i live near one of those costco's and i buy alot of my tools there and recvently the gon tin these new motors that are basicly your honda replica 4 stroke engine thats 6.5hp, i forgot the brand name but it sounds good...idk... anyway, i looked at it thinkin it was gonna be like $350.00
but instead it was $115.00 THATS AN AWESOME DEAL the engines kinda big but its definately packin some serious power, i think its about 197cc's
its a great deal and im savin up for one.

jon

Hmm I will have to look at that. 6.5 horses for that cost?!?! wow that aint bad!

they had a ton of them in stock at costco, i go there often. i whent to costco.com and they didnt have it on the site...but maybe when i get a hundred dollars i could sell you one, but thats pretty far ahead of me...its just an idea. theyre awesome motors, very compact, like i said, just like you average honda engine for basic duty.

ill get back to you on more info on the motor, jon

I called the store here no such luck they do not have any small motored things at all. Although this is a desert. Maybe I asked wrong? What exactly was it on?

hmmm...i dont really know, this is the costco in the greater new haven area of connecticut and they are a great store, i dont know how you could get one on the phone...sorry i have no addvice on that but i know that the one in new haven that i go to has the motors and they're beautiful, but ill try to get some money quickly and buy it, maybe two and i could sell them and get a little profit. haha. anyway, ill get back to ya if i get any info.

jon

WOW, it appears I have 9 costco stores within 30 miles from me so maybe I could go scope those engines out.

I already have a project cooking up on the back burner but that engine might be useful later down the road.

I wish that my costco had them :(

Ohh well back to the topic at hand. I have been holding out the verdict on what wheel I want for the rear. It all depends on the cost of what I can find. It may be a motorcycle, dirtbike or ATV I have not made my final decision. I have found inexpensive ATV's that would work wonderful for the rear tire and be a balloon at that. But I am going to go look at the mismatched ones they have at a local repair shop for a motorcycle soon.

Will let you know what I am doing shortly but whatever it is I am sure it will be neat :)

Updated the engine I am going to use changed plans. Adding more power BINFORD style!

1282_binfordtools_1.gif

:eek: :eek: :devilish: :devilish:

Honda 6.5 hp motor at 162cc its not much bigger than the Tecumseh but its got mountains more power!

Back