Begin the Madness... 6.5hp Motorized Bike 162cc :) "Upd

Gas mileage may suffer, but I really doubt that's what your after in the first place. :devilish:

custom_tecumseh said:
Gas mileage may suffer, but I really doubt that's what your after in the first place. :devilish:

I doubt it will suffer too badly. I will get 100mpg maybe? Anyway I was reading the specs. The comparison of the engine that the Grubee 4 stroke uses....

Honda on grubee. 2.1hp/2.0ft-lbs torque @ 4500rpm
Honda Crazified 6.5hp/9.1ft-lbs torque @ 2500rpm

FUEL CONSUMPTION ............. 12 U.S. quart capacity, .39 gallons per hour fuel consumption @ full load,
.27 gallons per hour fuel consumption @ half load, .15 gallons per hour fuel consumption @ no load. Up to 15 hours runtime per single tank of gasoline.

Thats on a generator so assuming I am going at 30mph in 1 hour I consume .39 gallons that means actually like 75mpg? Maybe more maybe less? I would not be stressing a load on it like a generator would neither so it would consume less right? This is just a guess that engine goes to 3900rpm max recommended 2000-3600rpm though so maybe the generator runs at 3600? I have done all my math off of 3600rpm however so it does not go higher than that or I will break the sound barrier of 30mph.

If I am not stressing the engine like a genenrator at full load it would get better mileage right? Say in the tune of 100+mpg? I doubt I would be putting a load of more than half on it given the weight and everything. Also once I am up to speed momentum is on my side to help gas mileage too right?

Yes, most of the things you've hit on are true. If you cruise in the lower 3,000rpms I'm willing to bet on 100mpg.

By adjusting my driving habits in my car I picked up a couple mpg, and most highway driving or just straight cruising, not constantly accelerating and braking really helps gas mileage.

I gained nearly 3 mpg alone just by letting off the gas and coasting down to 30-40mph before braking. I sorta made it a game to see how long I could coast :D. Got 33.8mpg in my 2000 Grand am V6, I even impressed myself :LOL: .

Low RPM cruising is where its at.

Also using higher quality spark plugs, oil, air filter will help it as well :) I plan on doing all that.

Here is the next Chapter!

JiangDong motor :) Its chinese knockoff of the Honda.

1282_img_0775_1.jpg

1282_img_0776_1.jpg

There is no markings on it to denote how many cc it is The Chinese ROCK! :eek: :eek: So I can have a nice plate made up that says 49cc LOL

So anyway here is the motor for my project. I will be getting the other parts very soon I think by next week I will have it running.

im collectin money for one of the costco ones right now im around 60 bucks which is a little more than half. i dont really worry about gas mileage because im not gonna be travelin' long distances on the road because its totally not legal. yet as a 4 stroke it shouldnt be as bad...my our cr 250 takes a long time to burn a gallon of gas and that 2 stroke and twice the engine cc's. im gonna get this engine and possible 2 more after that just because theyre such a good deal and they might dissappear soon for some reason. i dont think ill be able to mount this on a bike on the inner frame and im not shure about a rack mount because the engine is so big an heavy that it will be hard to ride and again, its not street legal.

ill get back to this soon. i havent been on here for a week because i whent on a trip to indiana.

jon

i was thinkin about ghetto riggin' it to a red flyer wagon or mount it in a lawn mower with a simple clutch and direct chain to axle kinda thingy whatever... and turn it into some crappy lawnmower/dragster for drag racin down the road... or i could just sell the engine for 150 or 200 bucks and make some good profit.

jon

SlicerDicer said:
Here is the next Chapter!

JiangDong motor :) Its chinese knockoff of the Honda.

1282_img_0775_1.jpg

1282_img_0776_1.jpg

There is no markings on it to denote how many cc it is The Chinese ROCK! :eek: :eek: So I can have a nice plate made up that says 49cc LOL

So anyway here is the motor for my project. I will be getting the other parts very soon I think by next week I will have it running.
that's a BIG engine...I'm not sure you'll be able to fool 'the man' :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

It is big but hey you know officer they put alot of plastic on things these days to make them look bigger :devilish: Like I said though I will be withen the law on speed and everything else if I do not push it and go faster than the law I doubt they will mess with me. :cool:

And its 25cc smaller than Augi's :eek:

yeah, that'll work...make sure to use your whiniest voice...

"but, officer, there's a guy in washington state who has an even bigger engine, so you gotta let me go." :LOL: :LOL:

i'm wondering, what are the dimensions of your setup as is?

example, my 123cc yamaha (self-contained except for tank) would fit in a box 14"x14"x14"...

Back