Begin the Madness... 6.5hp Motorized Bike 162cc :) "Upd

S

SlicerDicer

Update: I changed engine plans as the motor I wanted I cannot get anymore so I am going to buy a motor from a local place :) It will have more power than I really want but it should be in line with Augi's Wisconsin.

Ok here is the frame that I am going to use many of you may know it as the mikes bike. Henceforth it shall be known as "?!?!?!" :devilish: :devilish:

I am extending the frame to fit the motor that I will be putting in there. The motor will set behind me as its so wide that I do not want to burn my legs. The blank spot below my legs will be for something maybe a tool bag.

Anyway plans so far.

72 tooth rear sprocket.
10 tooth drive sprocket on hilliard clutch that engages at 1200rpm.
And the motor will be a Honda GX200

This should allow for engagement speed to be 13mph and top speed of 30mph without any issues at all. If I make it top out at 3600rpm it will be doing about 39mph if my calculations are correct. But I would rather run lower rpm and get better gas mileage.

And here is the image of the bicycle now, there is no motor on it or anything but it should give a idea on how long it will be. Ohh and the slant is screwed up because its not welded.

mikes-extendoid.jpg

Augi I cannot upload the images again :/ so its hosted on my space.

Note: I will be reinforcing the frame thats just a rough idea of what the size will be of a 1 foot 8 inch stretch limo bicycle!

hey, nice frame :D

what brand motoryou usin? try postin some pix of the motor, that'll give us a better idea of what your trying to do. yet i dont really get why your gonna have a 72 tooth sprocket. i was thinkin as an experiment, try putting a larger sprocket on the engine, maybe 28 teeth. idk what size. and possibly 15 to 20 tooth sprocket on the wheel. it puts less stress on the engine by spinning less and making the wheel spin faster at lower rpm's. this is just somethin ive wanted to try. it would definately go way faster that 39 mph, pshhhh... :D

jon

Well I want to have a controllable gear ratio.... If I dont do that ratio engagement will be at 20mph+ and I do not want to burn out the clutch. I thought about it really long and hard on how I wanted to do it.

A 26 inch tire is 81 inch circumference. Play with the sprocket size and clutch engagement at 1200rpm and max 3600rpm.

If you were to do a 28/15 tooth. Acording to the calculator there you would be doing about 170 at clutch engagement.

Keep in mind its going to be Motor -> Shaft -> Clutch -> Sprocket -> Chain -> Sprocket -> Wheel

There is going to be no torque converters or anything. Raw engine power going to the wheels like a go kart. :eek:

http://www.gokartracing.org/Calculate.htm

Alright as for the engine.

1282_h40_1.jpg

1282_h40a_1.jpg

It will be very similar to that.

http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/html/engine-specs/tecumseh/features/h40.jpg

Here is a mockup to a degree with gimp. It is kind of backwards but whatever :) it gives the idea...

mockup.jpg

I may just do a intermediate jackshaft to do a gearing ratio.

((72 / 26) * 44) / 10 = 12.18

Wind up with 12.18 gearing ratio. This would leave me with 2300rpm engagement remove the governor and allow it to go to 4800rpm for 30mph and 37mph at 6000rpm "pushing the motor really hard there. But 4800 is not bad at all and there are lots of people I am reading about running tecumseh without issues.

With that gearing ratio I should be able to climb a tree eh?

Wow, that looks like it will be quite a little project. You said you will be raking the forks a little more right? It might be pretty squirly as it is now.

Dan

iRide Customs said:
Wow, that looks like it will be quite a little project. You said you will be raking the forks a little more right? It might be pretty squirly as it is now.

Dan

Raking the forks?

It would be very squirly right now as its a hacked in half bike with steel pipes just setting there... I think the bike would fly in half :LOL: The pipes were just balanced enough to hold the front and back up so I could show the new length it will look different once welded.

Are you saying the length would make it squirly?

SlicerDicer said:
iRide Customs said:

Dan

Raking the forks?

It would be very squirly right now as its a hacked in half bike with steel pipes just setting there... I think the bike would fly in half :LOL: The pipes were just balanced enough to hold the front and back up so I could show the new length it will look different once welded.

Are you saying the length would make it squirly?

Not much rake+lotsa speed = squirly

The frame length is good, just rake the forks a little more.

azkronic said:
I think he was talking about the angle of the front end :LOL:

Yeah the angle is all screwed up as its not welded or anything. I would show the final angle but I cant get it to hold there.

Back