Bell Platimum Wireless Speedometer Owners Manual

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by loquin, Nov 16, 2008.

1. loquin

loquin Active Member

I have a habit of not being able to find an owners manual when I need it! So, I've started scanning them, so I will be able to locate 'em.

Here's a copy of this one, if YOU need it... Enjoy! :scooter:

Bell Platimum Series Wireless Speedometer

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008

<
  2. TerraPilot

TerraPilot Member

Thanks for the owners manual.
    I found some 4 or 5 inch long plastic ties somewhere that have an eighth inch tab in the slot that allows the ties to be used over and over. Loosely tying will keep your speedometer in place and subsequent removal for battery replacement.

Now if I can just find my bike owners manual to find my tire size for the speedometer calibration. LOL

3. Dennis Becraft

Dennis Becraft New Member

use a tape measure

FurryOnTheInside likes this.
  4. TerraPilot

TerraPilot Member

now you know why I have a flat spot in the middle of my forehead. I slap it every time I do something stupid. Wow I could have had a V8.

5. loquin

loquin Active Member

Yup. (The tape measure, NOT the flat spot!!!) Make a mark on the floor & align the valve stem with it. Keeping your weight on the bike, roll it until the stem makes one full rotation, and mark the floor again... the distance between the two marks (in mm) is the constant that you'll need to enter.

It's most accurate to do this, even when you know the tire size, as tires are different heights, and run at different pressures, and by riders with different weights - the value in the book is an average.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  6. Bradah

Bradah New Member

Aloha!

I know its a long shot but I lost my manual too. Are there more scans to go with that, just the first page is showing? The newer versions are a little different programming. Specifically, following the km/m selection is the upper two digit # for age and the lower three digit # for weight?

Thanks

7. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Well-Known Member

Click the link directly above the picture, it's a pdf file with what you need.

Bradah likes this.
  8. Bradah

Bradah New Member

Flat spot on my head too... Thanks!

Frankenstein likes this.
  9. HumanPerson

HumanPerson Active Member

I think i would only touch that through a linux box VM

10. Frankenstein

Kid I think you got too caught up in coding and programming, I think you should start thinking more like a computer engineer than a code sniper.

He just wanted a copy of the pdf. This is a trusted member with a post ages old, and with the sophisticated software running this forum and server you really think something like THAT just went unnoticed?

Lighten up. It's just a .pdf

HumanPerson likes this.
  11. HumanPerson

"Kid", that's cute. :rolleyes:
    Like you in Numerous Threads, i was plainly expressing my own opinion, not suitable for others in most circumstances Jake.
    ;)

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  12. Frankenstein

Unless you're working for the Cia these security holes probably aren't your problem, for you I'd be more worried about when the advent of AI basically takes any and all programming gigs. You'll want to start thinking less about the code (which AI can rapidly change and adapt to security related issues far better than a human coder) and think more of the application. Soon Linux in itself will be a thing of the past for all but the most devoted and sophisticated of human programmers.

HumanPerson likes this.
  13. HumanPerson

I've never mentioned security holes and have no idea what you're talking about. Cia? You drinking or smoking some drug? lol
    AI? Code?
    That's all pretty neat Jake, but i have not mentioned those things.
    My job only allows me to access pdf files through a debian based Linux Distro VM, but no, I don't know AI nor do I code, I was clearly stating my own opinion.
    You seem like a good guy, but you might want to see someone about your paranoia Jake, Getting weirded out about someone elses opinion is sort of weird.

14. Frankenstein

It's in the context nobody decidedly opens a pdf only in a virtual machine unless they are fearful of a security risk.

You simply stated you thought you'd "only touch it" through what is a very secure way to keep naughty codes out of your main OS. Seeing that you probably don't need the pdf in the first place but are still compelled to comment on the obvious nature of such a file or what it could be then I'd say you over thought the security risk behind opening it.

Then again that's my opinion, but since you are denying it in such a way you are I'd say I hit the donkey on the kong.

15. HumanPerson

And you would be wrong, donkey kong :p
    Anyway, no need to clutter up this persons thread.
    Peace! ;)