Belt Drive Ebay 4 Stroke Issue

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Just one exception: Honda GX50, or GX35 with friction drive, no clutch
problems, no chain problems, no sprocket problems, use both Honda 4 strokes
and high quality 2 strokes like Zenoah G43L, and other 2 strokes with clutches.
This is a solid option and capable of 40mph if you choose.

Hi. I just recently purchased and installed an Ebay Cheapie 53cc/belt drive kit. The hiccups I ran into were-
*Bent pulley from getting dropped during shipping (bent it back out, but it's not perfect)
*Came geared WAY to low- (5>1 on the drive, 4.4>1 on the chain. Overall 22>1. I've heard 16>1 is optimal, so I got a 32T for the rear wheel)
*Idle mixture adjusted fine, but still seems a bit lean on the main jet.

I paid $168 for it back January, and I would still rather buy it than the $109 2-stroke kit I bought in 2016.

with a 32 rear sprocket, a 5:1 gearbox ratio, and 10 tooth drive sprocket,
the estimated top speed will be 33.7 mph. Expect about 32 mph, not bad.
Let us know if the clutch holds up or if you have any other problems.

I can tell you how to boost the power of the motor if you're interested:

I can tell you how to boost the power of the motor if you're interested:
Thank you. Except for checking for any obvious issues, I pretty much threw oil and gas in it and slapped it on the bike. I haven't ran a full tank through it yet, but I do intend to go back though it and mess with the main jet, check rocker clearances, etc at End of Break-In Time.
I've been actually moving towards throwing a 212 on the bike, (I started the project with a Lifan 153F 97cc), and while I was doing that, I saw the 53cc/Belt Drive kit for a measly $170 and couldn't resist. I've always wanted one of the little Huasheng-Type motors for my collection, so it was an "Impulse Candy-Store" buy! I'll keep the 53cc kit for another more practical bike once I've decided to go Full 212 on the Cranbrook.
This is the bike with the Lifan 97cc flathead and TAV2. It topped out at 30mph. So the 53cc kit has bettered that already. I'll try to snap a picture of the 53cc on there, but I'm pretty sure there's a billion "Cranbrook With 4-Stroke Engine Kit" pictures floating around on this forum anyway.
I will keep you posted on how well the kit holds up, in the meantime. As you can see, I butchered the pedals, so the little bugger is hauling my 230lb carcass around without any help from me. I do take it easy until it latches at around 15 mph, and I haven't tried any flat-out speed runs until I change the oil and check the motor first.

Attachments

• IMG_20210303_120614055.jpg
    IMG_20210303_120614055.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
I was using stock coaster on a nel lusso, it is junk now the wheel is warped and it doesn't brake properly. I'd like to get a drum brake moped hub and a steel 26 rim.

Back