Belt drive for 2cycle motor kits

Ra1977

Local time
9:19 AM
Where is the the belt drive for these 2cycle kits. I know that chain is heavy.

Belt drive

Well I see those razor scooters have belt drive setups(yes I know some have chains) so I figured why not a MB. Of course the scooter setup prolly might not be strong enough though the cog on the motor is real small I think something could be made for these MB kits. I'm thinking a lot lighter than chain and safer

there's no way to adapt the existing design, you'd have to redesign half the motor or lead a chain to a pulley.

a chain is heavier sure, but we're talking mere ounces. if you want to drop a couple ounces off your bike then skip lunch. a chain delivers power more effectively anyway

What r u runnin .butre?
if I'm allowed to ask
I was wondering because I see those e200 razor scooters with belt drives. Obviously that setup may not work for the motors though.... Maybe something similar. I would prolly make a hole in the side of the cover to clear the width of the cog. My big QUESTION is would gearing ratios be the same. Because I see those one bikes with the big ol ring on the back wheel for a belt and I don't want that.

If the pulley is too wide to fit between the engine and clutch cover, how is the clutch going to work if you cut a hole through the cover to make it fit?

I'm running a plain old 2 stroke China girl, but with a stuffed case, reed valve, and major port work. I know these engines inside and out and I'm telling you there's no way to go belt driven.

you could maybe get away with welding the existing clutch shut, removing the drive side cover, and using a belt tensioner as the clutch but that's janky as hell

Back