Belt drive

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
3:10 AM
Hey I know they are not the best, but if a belt is too long with a tensioner, what's the solution? Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1299680621.jpg
    Snapchat-1299680621.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 130
Hey I know they are not the best, but if a belt is too long with a tensioner, what's the solution? Thanks a lot!
Get a taliors tape measure, then wrap it around your rear sprocket & front sprocket & take the measurement in millimeters. Then you need the width of the belt & the tooth pitch of the belt.

id take the chain off and pull the wheel as far back as possible, way easier to extend the pedal chain than get a custom belt. looks like you got plenty of drop out left.

otherwise, you could space out the motor higher up to account for the belt, is reccomend trying everything before going to this step though.

you could, personally, id advise against it since ribbed belt drives behave like chains rather than V-belts (which like to be tension on the top side)

I'm thinking of running a tensioner on the top of the belt too, I've seen it done before
You need a rigid tensioner as close to the rear pulley/sprocket as possible on the bottom side of the belt. Then belt has to be tensioned extremely tight to start it or the toothed belt will jump cogs ruining your new belt.

Pull the wheel all the way back in the drop outs and run a fixed pulley down from the seat stay near the wheel pulley. This way both tensioner pulleys will be running to the top side of the belt.

Back