Benefits of building a 20 or 24 inch wheel cruiser bike?

So what I've gathered is it's not a wise idea to try to make a highway runner bike. I think I'll just build another bike, and build it up to where it will go 35/40.
You can build a hiway bike, it's just going to take some good parts & with some critical execution. I think you will need a predator 212 & torque convertor to achieve them sustained speeds. My flathead briggs bike runs 52mph down the highway. But 52mph on a bicycle feels like 104mph when you are on it. I would definitely invest in some protective leathers.

You can build a hiway bike, it's just going to take some good parts & with some critical execution. I think you will need a predator 212 & torque convertor to achieve them sustained speeds. My flathead briggs bike runs 52mph down the highway. But 52mph on a bicycle feels like 104mph when you are on it. I would definitely invest in some protective leathers.
I've got a handful of old Briggs flathead motors, I want to build a bike with one, so maybe I'll do that instead

I've got a handful of old Briggs flathead motors, I want to build a bike with one, so maybe I'll do that instead
The old cruisers a flathead 3.5hp or 5hp briggs will fit.
20220520_185938.jpg

Have you done any performance mods or is the engine completely stock?
That engine is stock, other than 22lb predator 212 valve springs. & I'm running a aftermarket carb. That bike will run 52mph all day long, if you wanna ride that fast. 45mph & it's just like you set the cruise control.

You can build a 24 with decent top end if you gear it properly. The smaller the engine the more the the gearing becomes critical. Not so much with a 212, an HS is another matter. I like 24s and have built several. This bike is one of my favorites. Its stretched 10” to extend the wheelbase and improve ride/handling.
Perfect MAB frame for fitting a kit on.

Back