Benefits of building a 20 or 24 inch wheel cruiser bike?

We do what we have to do. The Schwinn Sidewinder with 26" wheels is designed for someone up to 5'10" tall. I'm 6'2" tall. I had to extend the steerer post by 7" so that I could ride in an upright position instead of the traditional tripod piston.View attachment 189426
You need more gadgets on those bars. Looking a lil sparse there.

Probably the bbr tuning base engine on Amazon, I'm looking to build it up to go about 55 for the highway
You may want to rethink that, hitting 55 for a moment and sustaining it are two totally different things! The gearing required to sustain 55 is 10/30 or less so as not to grenade the engine trying to spin over 11k rpm, then that load and drag co efficiency come into play making it harder to reach the required rpm.
To sustain 55 for any length of time you ideally do not want to be wot the whole time ether which means you need to build the engine to be capable of higher speeds than that of which you wish to sustain, locking up an engine at 55 isn't much fun and depending on your cg (seating position) can be a painful experience!
BBR uses scraped castings, non branded engines that require a lot of work to make actual power and reliability from, many builders are lucky to even hit 55 as a peak with fully modified engines!

You may want to rethink that, hitting 55 for a moment and sustaining it are two totally different things! The gearing required to sustain 55 is 10/30 or less so as not to grenade the engine trying to spin over 11k rpm, then that load and drag co efficiency come into play making it harder to reach the required rpm.
To sustain 55 for any length of time you ideally do not want to be wot the whole time ether which means you need to build the engine to be capable of higher speeds than that of which you wish to sustain, locking up an engine at 55 isn't much fun and depending on your cg (seating position) can be a painful experience!
BBR uses scraped castings, non branded engines that require a lot of work to make actual power and reliability from, many builders are lucky to even hit 55 as a peak with fully modified engines!
Ok, I was also considering the ph 85, I don't need to go on the highway, I can take the back roads, 45 would be more than enough for back roads. I was also thinking of the cdh engine

Ok, I was also considering the ph 85, I don't need to go on the highway, I can take the back roads, 45 would be more than enough for back roads. I was also thinking of the cdh engine
Using a 10/32 on 24" wheels would require 10,107 rpm to do 55 mph. With the same setup, 8269 rpm would be needed to do 45 mph. It is generally not recommended to run theses engines beyond 8000 rpm for a lengthy period. Also, a 10/32 means flat lands and a lite rider.

Back