bent rims

Sometimes you can buy an entire used bike at a yard sale cheaper than you can buy a wheel. Buy one with the same sized wheels.

buy junk.... get junk if it was sold at walmart/target/toysRus/ or any other big chain sub $200 it will have junk wheels. there are doublewall rim 12gauge spoke wheels available for under $50

IbedaYank - can you share the source of these sub-$50 wheels with me please. I need a set & I just now started looking. What timing!!

Last edited:
Thanks. That's a great site. I love bookmarking sites like that because when the time comes (and it will) it will definitely save me money!

I paid $65 for a used rim, guy selling it convinced me it was worth the price after showing me the difference between it and the one I had off of a wally bike. The rim was from the 80s off of a jap bike and it was a quality rim, even the axle and bearing were better quality. Plus with that rim that I bought came with the cassette already on there so it was plug and play worth the money. No bike shop could match that price or were even willing to work on a wally rim. If I would have bought the rim online then a cassette plus the tool/s to do it right the price would have been way over $100. Problem with the wally rim was the cassette not grabbing at all, POS less than a year old. Nomo wally bikes for me, Its a quality bike from craigs used from now on like a trek etc.

actually I ordered that rim an now I have to send it back because no spokes and its not wide enough to have a decent tire on it for a motor bike that was for a lance Armstrong bike LOL too thin

Back