Bent spokes

Thank you. But wich size do I need? This didn't tell me.
Using the six rotor bolt holes in the hub will ensure you don't damage your spokes.
If a clamshell adapter with three bolts holding the sprocket should ever move it will take out the three spokes it hits. Not that I tried one. I got one and decided that it was a bad idea.
I made my own rotor mount adapter so I could use bicycle sprockets so idk which rotor mount adapter is best. Just get the right offset.
You'll have to measure everything and figure out what you need. Getting the offset correct will make it much easier to keep the chain on and running smoothly

Last edited:
Okay, thank you. I'll try the one that they usually sell, the CNC hub adapter one with the 3 screw holes. If it's the incorrect size I'll try some leather under it.

That is the same CNC adapter kit I have used on two beach cruisers, a Hyper and a Huffy Fairmont. Both fit perfectly with the 1.5". I don't have the Hyper anymore but I mic'd the Fairmont and got 1.514"/38.5mm for the rear hub so if yours is a funky size and slightly smaller I would recommend splitting the difference in 2 and sanding down each side that amount instead of trying to use leather or something. Won't be a hard job with some glass, sandpaper, and a caliper to measure progress. This is where ALL the torque of the motor goes after all, and if it wears away the leather and spins it will absolutely wreck your rear wheel.

Make sure to use loctite on the bolts that run through the adapter and it won't loosen or slip assuming its the proper size and metal-to-metal. I mounted mine with the three tabs centered between spokes and although I haven't ridden that bike much (maybe 20 miles) it hasn't moved even a fraction and is still not touching a single spoke.

Okay, thank you. Well mine is kinda in between. I think I'll buy an 1.5" hub, that will be the easiest, since this is an 8 year old bike, and the bearings are... Screaming

Back