Best 2 stroke kit for 2016?

From what I have read here on the forum, the GT5A is worth the extra $ for its hardware. 8mm mounting bolts, wider space front mount, and the head studs don't need to be replaced. From what I have read. Not IME.
The cost of these parts means that I really wish the GT5A was available where I live but it isn't and shipping costs from the US or Canada are too much but I would love to have a GT5A instead of the generic eBay engine I got. My rear stud holes are not even straight anyway, it's all 6mm, too narrow front spacing, 8mm head studs but they need replacing immediately as with the mounting studs they are made from something very very soft.

I don't think anyone can sell you a balanced crank since they haven't seen/weighed your top end, don't know your peak RPM, just from what I've read so far on this.. And it seems like it will be easy enough to do (and free apart from the drill bit).

Good to know. I had planned on replacing all hardware with stainless steel. If an engine already comes with quality hardware, then that would be a cost savings. Just hardware gets expensive! Larger mounts would also be nice. That leads me to believe that they ARE cast at a different plant! GOOD!!! One would think that they all come from the same place these days. (picture of 7 year old kid on stationary bicycle operating a big grinding stone, Yabba Dabba Doo Mfg.) haha.

Back