Best 2 stroke oil recommendation?

Remember this is an engine from China were talking about here. 50 to 1 mix is bad for these engines. So even though Wally World oil works for your weed eater,that weed eater is not hauling you around.
I did castor early in my engine life and loved it but is pretty pricey getting it from e-bay no other way. Then I started mixing it with Auto Zone Valvoline synthetic. Yes,I had some deposits in my exhaust that needed some cleaning but it's assuring to know that stuff is protecting my engine.
It's well broken in now with 2,000 miles so my castor is almost gone and the Valvoline stuff from Auto Zone is taking over.

Just because an oil has a recommended mix ratio doesn't mean you have to follow it. Typically you want to use the best oil you can but at the ratio the engine manufacture recommends not the ratio the oil manufacture recommends. Synthetic usually isn't the best to break in a motor. The oil is actually too good and will increase your break in time. Not bad just takes longer. I did break mine in on Synth though and it is fine. I started at 20:1 and I am now at 40:1 even thought the oil recommends 50-100:1. Just being on the safe side. I use the Amsoil Saber. I am told it is the oilier of their 3 brands. I run my engine very lean for best performance and still have plenty of oil residue in the exhaust so I know it is being well lubricated.

Amsoil at 100:1 is like other oils at 50:1 So if you mix it at 50:1 its like 25:1 . I have a DDM gp-460 I run amsoil at 80:1 like amsoil recomends for extreme conditions. I broke the motor in at 25:1 pennzoil outdoor air cooled 2 gals. before I switched to Amsoil.

at the very least make sure you get air cooled oil as noted above, there is a motorboat spec (TCW3?) for water cooled engines that's way cheesier.

I use..

I use both Val and AMSoil. If you can not get or afford AMS oil, then go with Val. Only the best will do. Enjoy the ride..

Just got back from walmart and there oil is for outboards, outboard motors run cool and the oil does not have the additive that air cooled oil has.

I use Mobil 1 Racing 2T at 32:1 premix on all of my two stroke engines. No smoke, and excellent Mobil 1 lubrication. I hear that they don't make it any more though, but I've got a few quarts left.

A mower repair guy said that he uses Mercury outboard oil on all of his equipment, and that even though it is formulated for water cooled engines, a trimmer or blower would not suffer. He does not recommend using TC-W oils on high revving dirt bikes, snowmobiles and even some water cooled personal water craft. I used outboard oil for a long time because I had a boat at the time, and my blower and trimmer did suffer from clogged exhaust ports after several years. The synthetic stuff leaves very little carbon deposits and virtually no smoke. I guess when my stock of Mobil 1 is depleted, I need to find another synthetic 2 stroke lube.

In my little corner of Arizona.
Checkers stopped selling Mobil 1 Racing 2T.
I bought the last 2 quarts for $1.00 each.
My current mix is 64 oz of mobil one plus, 16 oz of Benol Castor, and finally, 2 oz of Marvel mystery oil .
Mixed at 16 to 1 with cheap gas for the summer heat.
120 F at 2 am.

I can still get Penzoil for aircooled engines and wally world generics.
I would NOT use an outboard oil they only are good to 212 degrees.

Back