Best 4 Cycle Combo?

I'm gonna have to bow out. I never had a motor like yours and I don't want to guess at what to do, Sorry
I might do some research and see if anyone else has had a problem like yours I'll get back to ya if I find anything out.

Here the photo of the complete set (minus the clutch bell) so you can see how it goes.

Looks like the bushing is the wrong size. Use a micrometer and order a correct one, they're available for five dollars on amazon. It's cockeyed on that shaft, no good. The tolerances need to be somewhat loose but not by much. The bushing should be tight on the shaft and somewhat loose on the drum.

From the look of that picture, and it might be my eyes, but the center of that bushing looks to be drilled through crooked. Can you measure the thickness of the wall of the bushing at several locations to check?

I think also the bushing could be on backwards, so check the shaft to make sure it's in spec. I've never worked on these so I can't say for sure.

Looks like the bushing is the wrong size. Use a micrometer and order a correct one, they're available for five dollars on amazon. It's cockeyed on that shaft, no good. The tolerances need to be somewhat loose but not by much. The bushing should be tight on the shaft and somewhat loose on the drum.
It actually fits tight... Just was barely hanging there for the photo. Everything pictured rotates with the engine just fine and fits tight on the crank tightly.

It actually fits tight... Just was barely hanging there for the photo. Everything pictured rotates with the engine just fine and fits tight on the crank tightly.
What fills the gap in between the washer and the bushing there?

What fills the gap in between the washer and the bushing there?
It's just loose in the pictured and not bolted tight..I was just snapping a pic to show the pieces. They all bolt up nice and tight/normal.

All's I can see which concerns me, (besides un normal wear on the O.D. of the bushing) Is the Key all the way in? Or is it holding that first washer out catiwampers?

Back