Best 48cc engine kit

Hi what is the best 2stroke 48c.c engine kit available on the market.
Thats a loaded question that I am sure will have many varying opinions but in mine a late model Grubee or Zeda are of the best out of the box with little if any extra's needed.Some of the other brands need things replaced to be more reliable!

Grubee is a trusted name, are you looking purely for single speed drive or you can add gears with a shift kit, which would feel like riding a bike, but easier since the lack of pedaling, and let's you get more out of the bike on all road types even horrible steep hills that otherwise the 49 would not handle well at all alone in a single speed direct drive type set up.

What are your intentions with the bike?

I was waiting for someone to say the best 48cc is a 66 lol! I wouldn't know what the difference in performance is but I made the decision to get started into this hobby with the 66cc because it is the same size and weight and just has more torque, upgrades and spare parts availability.. and forum info on modding it. :)

I was waiting for someone to say the best 48cc is a 66 lol! I wouldn't know what the difference in performance is but I made the decision to get started into this hobby with the 66cc because it is the same size and weight and just has more torque, upgrades and spare parts availability.. and forum info on modding it. :)
It's a shame really that more companys or people dont make stuff for the 48-50cc engines.They are actualy a little lighter because the cylinder,piston,head and wrist pin are all smaller than the 66cc and use the same bottom end except for stud spacing.The advantage to using the 48-50 size is the rotational mass on the crank is lower with the smaller piston and pin that actualy help it rev up a little quicker and with less of a balence issue it revs higher with less stress less vibrations!As far as I know there is only the rse head available for these engines and not much else!The other big advantage is for those who arn't looking to go over 40 mph a stock 44t gives 30 mph cruising at 7000 rpm and great throttle response thru out the rpm range when set up right my son's little 50 out pulls a stock 66 and gets 90 kilometers travel from a liter of fuel and running along side a stock 66 with the same gear ratio and wheel size the top speed is the same at the same rpm!

It's a shame really that more companys or people dont make stuff for the 48-50cc engines.They are actualy a little lighter because the cylinder,piston,head and wrist pin are all smaller than the 66cc and use the same bottom end except for stud spacing.The advantage to using the 48-50 size is the rotational mass on the crank is lower with the smaller piston and pin that actualy help it rev up a little quicker and with less of a balence issue it revs higher with less stress less vibrations!As far as I know there is only the rse head available for these engines and not much else!The other big advantage is for those who arn't looking to go over 40 mph a stock 44t gives 30 mph cruising at 7000 rpm and great throttle response thru out the rpm range when set up right my son's little 50 out pulls a stock 66 and gets 90 kilometers travel from a liter of fuel and running along side a stock 66 with the same gear ratio and wheel size the top speed is the same at the same rpm!
This one is a 50cc didn't have the jetting right in video but you can still see that the bottom end torque allows slow speed running no problems and it gets up to speed quickly even though it's set up wasn't right yet!

Thats a loaded question that I am sure will have many varying opinions but in mine a late model Grubee or Zeda are of the best out of the box with little if any extra's needed.Some of the other brands need things replaced to be more reliable!
Hi do you know where I can buy a newer model grubee 48c.f. engine kit, and what's the name of the newer models.

Back