Best 49cc engine to buy and from who, Plz

Well, after running into a seller that sold his bike out from under our agreement and a few other snags , I was traveling in Seattle this week, I found this little Worksman on Portland Craigslist. It has only a front WM front wheel , but has a brand new set of orange/ red tires, a new WM seat, a matched set of gold rims and new tubes and a luggage rack if I want to use it...It also has a new set of heavy pedals and an extra set of plastic ones too..not terrible for $150.....

Worksman.jpg

You should be able to fit a 2-stroke in that.
Get creative and you can make that cavity a tank.

Actually, the Columbia 1937 is the same bike new at Walley World for $150 and it's fake tank can be made into a real 6L tank.

1937doneLeftRearHigh.jpg

1937doneRightRearLow.jpg

Have fun with it and don't forget to add a front brake ;-}

Yep, I've read your build over and over on your forum...nice indeed. And yes - I cannot pay $250+ for a Sportsman tank So I am thinking on how to make up a template and work with a buddy with a wire welder to make a tank....I am a long way from that for now.But a guy can dream- cause it makes board track style bike so nice.

And yes, you are always good to remind me and everyone the importance of a front brake. For now I will spend my money on a set of BMX quality caliper brakes ( F&R) to help the coaster.

Later I would like to add a drum S/A to the front, maybe even a dynamo to give me some light and extra traffic visibility. I do love safety.

I have an Atom drum, rear w/ 5 speed ( skip tooth) on a 26" wheel to put on Ebay to generate some project funds. I will also sell off the 26" Worksman front wheel for the same reason.

Yep, I've read your build over and over on your forum...nice indeed. And yes - I cannot pay $250+ for a Sportsman tank So I am thinking on how to make up a template and work wit ha buddy wit ha wire welder to make a tank....I am a long way from that for now.

And yes, you are always good to remind me and everyone the importance of a front brake. For now I will spend my money on a set of BMX quality caliper brakes ( F&R) to help the coaster.

Later I would like to add a drum S/A to the front, maybe even a dynamo to give me some light and extra traffic visibility. I do love safety.

I have an Atom drum, rear w/ 5 speed ( skip tooth) on a 26" wheel to put on Ebay to generate some project funds. I will also sell off the 26" Worksman front wheel for the same reason.

Yep, these things can be a money pit, no big deal if you can pass it on with a sale, but if you want to keep it things get harder, I'm still sitting on the $3K MotoPed, $2K electric Fat Tire, the Columbia, and a nice 2-stroke Pantera shifter.

Fun if you have the budget though ;-}

Back