Best bang for buck kit?

andrew5826

Local time
3:34 PM
hey guys i recently moved into an area where gopeds arent very welcome so i'm looking to get a motorized bicycle. which kit is the most bang for my buck? i'd like something with a manual clutch so that if i run out of gas i can pedal or i see someone unfriendly i can hold the clutch in, kill the motor and just pedal by. does adding the engine create alot of drag when pedalling?

http://www.ehbcltd.com/component/op...y=1885443&mode=category&offset=0&sort=nameAsc
This place is local to me that sells 80cc kits with everything needed for 145 brand new. is this a good deal? i'd also be interested in getting a pipe for it and something i can put on so i can shift through the bicycle gears but ill save that for later

this is the bicycle i would be mounting the engine too http://www.sportchek.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=11134701

and ive seen a bike with a chung yang gp460 motor on them. i'm very familiar with these engines (i have 3 all ported and piped on my gopeds). how hard is it the adapt this engine onto a bike while still having a manual clutch? the one i saw was spindle drive and i dont want that.

btw who is a mod i can pm? i made a typo when i was typing my username and want to change it. thanks!

A couple of the kits I got for friends were from there. Quality was good but the wiring directions are way off. Do not use the white wire.

Thanks for the replies. So pretty much all 66/80cc kits are the same? Will this kit fit on my bike in the op with no problems? Im also looking into the pipe and hp carb on that site. Are they any good and worth it?

And is motovelo any good? Their kit is 100$ more but it looks the same. Ive bought goped parts from the guy before and he seemed pretty legit

The NT "speed" carb works great and is very basic. The "Skyhawk" carb that came on my engines was carp and is sitting in the bottom of a junk parts box. I would recommend getting the carb off ebay though. You can get it there for $16 with free shipping...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-motor-...468?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c38085dc

I have no experience with the pipe but I have heard they add a lot of torque and even more top speed over the stock pipe.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
vroom

Hey Vroom, i'm not a very expierenced ebay user (other than maybe 2 times) but i noticed the link to the carbs you posted abd this looks like a very good deal! I looked on the page but couldn't figure out if these carbs come with the cable/s or do you know if it's strictly the carb? also intake pipe?

Thanks,

Max

Thanks for the replies. So pretty much all 66/80cc kits are the same? Will this kit fit on my bike in the op with no problems? Im also looking into the pipe and hp carb on that site. Are they any good and worth it?

And is motovelo any good? Their kit is 100$ more but it looks the same. Ive bought goped parts from the guy before and he seemed pretty legit

Yes they are $100.00 more, do I think it's worth it...heck NO. For a optimum fit the "V" needs to be 75 degrees.

At 75 degrees, both mounts are flush with the tubes, no gaps. If they are not flush you have a chance of breaking or striping a engine mount stud. There are ways to insure a optimum fit.

Last edited:
so do you think the kit will fit my bike? what do i need to make it so i can use the bicycle gears and shift through them? Has anyone ported these 66/80cc motors with any good gains? are the different kinds of pipes offered for this engine? im mostly looking for a pipe with a nice low-mid powerband. if not i can buy a pipe for a goped engine and modify the manifold and brackets somehow..

If I purchase this fifteen dollar "speed Carb" will i be able to use my current twist throttle, manifold, and cables that come with the chinese 66/80cc motor?

i'd like to know too. and since its 20$ shipped to me in canada ill just pick one up from the same place with the kit for 5 bucks more.

Back