Best bang for my buck? --long read--

Equillibrium

Local time
10:32 AM
Hello, I'm new to the 2 stroke gasbike world. i have two 79cc 4 stroke bikes and i love them. they're reliable and i get around 30mph consistently with 300lb+ of big guy riding them. my question is, where do i start when considering a 2 stroke? i want the best i can get for mid range pricing. probably about 400$ USD tops for the kit. i was looking at a zeda 100 Dio Reed Performance kit (i probably said that wrong) but it seems something happened over at Zeda. Have they gone out of business? I'm assuming for a heavier set guy, i want a bigger bore and to stay away from too high of a gear ratio. maybe keep the stock 44 tooth sprocket? the point is, i want something that can really get me moving like the 4 stroke kits i have do. From endless hours of YouTube research, it seems this may be possible with a 2 stroke. maybe even better. should i bite the bullet and go all out building a case reed type setup for 1000$+ and just keep saving and building? or is there something out there that can perform well right out of the box even with the extra weight? I'm a Mechanic by trade so if there are options like "buy this kit, add this carb, toss that expansion chamber on, good to go" on and on... whatever it takes to make me go 40+ on a cruiser with a 2 stroke will be considered. at the moment, all i've found that's currently in stock that looks decent is the helio kits. but that seems off to me. for the price of a normal 2 stroke they claim that every single piece of their kit is upgraded. I've been burned before so when i see something that seems too good to be true, i usually decide that it is. any input is appreciated!! (other than weightloss tips. LOL) thanks for reading this far. and thanks again for your reply!!

Welcome to the forum!

Firstly, how familiar are you with porting? as you can buy a 99$ eBay kit, port it, deck and squish the cylinder, add a pipe + carb, and be hauling pretty good.

for pipes, really only one bolt on option
(id also add a muffler since there really loud and annoying without one)

carb, the stock one is pretty good all around, decent size unless you gonna be running 12k+ rpms.

id say purchase a stock kit and see what you want it to improve on, these are a good quality motor, I've personally never heard of helio so I cant comment on them.

Hello, I'm new to the 2 stroke gasbike world. i have two 79cc 4 stroke bikes and i love them. they're reliable and i get around 30mph consistently with 300lb+ of big guy riding them. my question is, where do i start when considering a 2 stroke? i want the best i can get for mid range pricing. probably about 400$ USD tops for the kit. i was looking at a zeda 100 Dio Reed Performance kit (i probably said that wrong) but it seems something happened over at Zeda. Have they gone out of business? I'm assuming for a heavier set guy, i want a bigger bore and to stay away from too high of a gear ratio. maybe keep the stock 44 tooth sprocket? the point is, i want something that can really get me moving like the 4 stroke kits i have do. From endless hours of YouTube research, it seems this may be possible with a 2 stroke. maybe even better. should i bite the bullet and go all out building a case reed type setup for 1000$+ and just keep saving and building? or is there something out there that can perform well right out of the box even with the extra weight? I'm a Mechanic by trade so if there are options like "buy this kit, add this carb, toss that expansion chamber on, good to go" on and on... whatever it takes to make me go 40+ on a cruiser with a 2 stroke will be considered. at the moment, all i've found that's currently in stock that looks decent is the helio kits. but that seems off to me. for the price of a normal 2 stroke they claim that every single piece of their kit is upgraded. I've been burned before so when i see something that seems too good to be true, i usually decide that it is. any input is appreciated!! (other than weightloss tips. LOL) thanks for reading this far. and thanks again for your reply!!
I like Mark's motor choice but that pipe is just a glorified muffler.

How's your welder/fab skills? This pipe, https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Full-Exhaus...598217&hash=item56f1a182a5:g:IS0AAOSwTKFf92q2
When custom fit to your bike will give you a greater net hp.

You don't need a 100, which in reality is something like 76cc, a 80/66cc will get you moving. But pull your new engine apart when you get it and check over the head and cylinder for casting flash and file any away that is there, plus chamfer the port edges.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've seen some tutorials on porting, head cleaning and squish testing. So from what i'm reading, with a little work i could get going pretty good with any decent kit given i take the time to do the steps above, get a decent exhaust and take my time on the install. And chamfering the edges would be a better play than just cleaning the edges to the intended cast 90's? I bought a brand new kent bayside (cheapo cruiser) just to have a fresh bike for the 2 stroke. I think ill take the advice and get the zeda 80 and try out the kit stock with the tips and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice guys. Would have sucked to find out the more expensive kits are just the average ones with the exception of work im capable of doing. I have good mig experience and have access to a tig. I don't quite have the hand for the tig yet though.

I think ill take the advice and get the zeda 80 and try out the kit stock with the tips and see how it goes.
Good choice...I LOVE my Zeda 80...The engine is stock, i did not take it apart when i got it last May to check things out when i got it but it runs without a hitch...It comes with a ceramic lined cyclinder for heat disappation, just like the heat shields on the space shuttles had...Pics are below, mine is in black which i dont think they have them in black anymore, i got the last black one that bicycle-engines.com had...DAMIEN

Ps, the fastest ive had it to was 47 MPH before i chickened out...lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 224
Just remember when you leave 4 stroke, you have to mix oil in gas, accept all the noise, especially with a tuned pipe, and
limitations of braking, unless you buy a double right-hand brake handle. Is it all worth it when you can go 30mph
on your four stroke, and pull up to any gas station and say "fill her up?"

One more point: the stock zeda 80 can not achieve 40 mph, more like 34 tops, assuming a 44 tooth rear sprocket. The tuned pipe will
raise top speed at the cost of excessive 2 stroke noise. You're sure to annoy the neighbors.

One more point: the stock zeda 80 can not achieve 40 mph, more like 34 tops, assuming a 44 tooth rear sprocket.
You assumed wrong on the sprocket size...and YES you can achieve speeds even greater than 40MPH...if you look at the pic you will see it is obviously a 36t sprocket as you can see the size difference versus the 203mm disk rotor, and if you tune the carbie correctly, there is no reason why it cant go faster than the 30 to 34 MPH you claim...Mine was clocked by one of my sheriff buddies, w/ radar gun at 47MPH with just a little throttle left over...read also the specs on the Zeda 80 engine, its not built like all of the other common china girls you get at Amazon, Walmart, etc...You would be suprised, especially after owning and running it for what will be a year in May...Its the best ive had so far...Far superior to the common Flying Horse or Seeutec's etc.,I had previously as well as other no name ones that are out there...DAMIEN

Heres a closer pic of the sprocket.

Attachments

• Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 205
  • Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
    Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
The question assumed a 44 tooth rear sprocket because "E" said he weighs
300 lbs and wants a 44T. A 36 T would be too small for him, so his top
speed will be limited to about 34mph. There are several test vids clocking
the stock setup/44t at 34mph, and some vids at 31-32mph.

Last edited:
This is someones review on the "80" and looks like they are reviewing all three of his "80s"...And before you ask...NO its not my review...lol...DAMIEN

I have bought 2 of these and now ordering #3. The entire kit is high quality, and the new motor has more torque and power than any 80cc out there. I broke them in gently and slowly and the payback is like riding my Husquavarna CR125!. Lots of low und grunt, it pulls up any hill at any speed with a 36tooth rear sprocket, and with a banana pipe and a little tuning hit 47mph after break in! You simply cannot find a better motor, better put together kit, anywhere and you cannot beat the price! 1 very happy camper here!

Back